Yamaha UD Stomp Digital Delay

HMKRich

• Members

Is
a good deal? I play alot of U2, and dotted eigth notes are my domain. Can this tap tempo dotted eigths?

yes!! if you don't like it, I'll buy it from you.

edit: It can do anything you want in a delay pedal (including dotted 8ths. Not sure how, but I'm 99% sure it can) - it's great! At that price, you owe it to yourself just to buy it anyway - they run for upto

• Members

you can tap every one of the 8 possible delay's in a single present so there's scope for a multi-mega-tap delay sound. but, you can also change the delay time as a percentage of your tap.

so one delay set to 300ms and another set to the same and then adjusted to 66.6% or whatever it is for divisions.. quite easy and intuitive to use before you get into changing the phase, and wave shapes of the modulation etc.. although that isn't too hard.

the two outputs are really useful too. you can pan the dry signal to either output or to both and the same for the wet signal, so you can run two outputs sending delays only through say reverb and the dry remains in tact out of the other output running into distortion for example.

then you can have another patch set up to do the opposite.. essentially its a really good pedal for routing signals around your pedalboard if you are into that sort of splitting before the amp.

Archived