I need a pedal board for gigs - which one?

tenoken

• Members

Right now I'm using 7 or 8 pedals (see sig.) and a 1-spot. And I don't plan on adding more, unless it's to replace an existing effect.

I'm thinking something like this:

pedalboard.jpg

$99 at MF. I like the size and layout. Since I have a 1-spot already, I really don't need a powered board. Or is there a benefit to board power vs 1-spot power?

Also, I want to be able to pack this up without the pedal flopping around during transport. Is velcro enough to hold everything in place? (There is a cover, so you can carry it like a suitcase.)

• Members

is that $99 with the power supply and all that? seems like a good deal...what's the thing on the top right, some sort of juction box??

I guess it's an effects loop hub. :confused:

The SKB PS-35 Deluxe Pedalboard has four effects loops and can power nine 9V pedals with 500 m/A. The Deluxe Pedalboard has a larger surface, measuring 27 x 15 . Complete with a hard case providing full enclosure, the SKB PS-35 offers six different configuration options

• Members
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! horray for Impluse buying!!!! HC Strikes AGAIN!!!

Yeah I know!

I've gone off the handle lately, but it's all stuff I'll be using for paying gigs... so at least I'll be making some of the $$ back.

The only problem is that the spending money/making money ratio is about 3:1.

:poke:

:wave:

• Members

The only problem is that the spending money/making money ratio is about 3:1.

hahahahahaha..... yeah...that sounds about right..... back when I played bass I used to rent out my half stack... that helped alot.... I'm not even considering that with my guitar rig.....

• Members

If i were to get one, I would have to buy 9v/9v plugs right?

Comes with it! Or you can use a 1-spot adaptor. (I'm going to try out both and see which one is quieter.)

Man, that SKB is a really good deal. :thu:

That Furman board above is like $300+, and it's very similar to the SKB.

• Members

what does the effects loops do on that board? are there switches? I'm definately thinking of grabbing one. They are a discontinued item though, so any problems with it might not be easily fixed.

I've been wondering what the point of the effects loops are, myself. I'm jumping on this one too, I think. I've been in the market for a board, and this one looks like a pretty good one to me, for the price, especially.

Archived