A good volume pedal

Runenees

• Members

Hi!

I need a good volume pedal preferable with tuner output and I have to be able to set the minimum volume.

I heard some good things about Ernie Ball's models and Boss' FV 500H.

Can anyone tell which of those they prefer? Or maybe a third one?

• Members

yeah hilton seems ridiculous to me... I mean $275 for a volume pedal? Come on. No thanks

I know it sounds silly, but if you play steel or do serious volume swells for drone/ambient, your volume pedal could be the most important item on your board.

Otherwise, though, you'll probably be good with the Ernie Ball.

• Members

The new Boss FV-500H. It is sturdy and has a minimum volume control. Michael Landau uses it, so it it is good. :)

The EB's are good but not noteworthy. The smaller one is about the size of a wah if space is an issue. The big EB one is HUGE!

I have a Goodrich passive that is nice, great for swells, but a little pricey and no minimum volume control.

Overall, I think the Boss one is the cost/features/durability winner.

• Members
The new Boss FV-500H. It is sturdy and has a minimum volume control. Michael Landau uses it, so it it is good.
:)

The EB's are good but not noteworthy. The smaller one is about the size of a wah if space is an issue. The big EB one is HUGE!

I have a Goodrich passive that is nice, great for swells, but a little pricey and no minimum volume control.

Overall, I think the Boss one is the cost/features/durability winner.

Okay. I think I'm gonna go with that one. Sounds as if as many of you like that as EB and it only costs half as much as an EB!

Thanks all! :thu:

• Members

I know it sounds silly, but if you play steel or do serious volume swells for drone/ambient, your volume pedal could be the most important item on your board.

Otherwise, though, you'll probably be good with the Ernie Ball.

+1.

I'm not a fan of the tone suckage on my Ernie Ball. The Hiltons seem much better in that respect.

If you're not using a volume pedal all that much to warrant the price, then there are probably cheaper options you can go with.

Archived