Sweet. My Line 6 Roto Machine is being delivered tomorrow

Loobster

• Members

Probably as a rotary speaker simulator!
:thu:

god.. i walked into that one!

i mean - where amongst your other pedals, and for what kind of playing style?

when i was gigging i had a parallel signal thing going on and it sounded lush doing slow or fast suff with a whammy feeding it an octave up aswell as original signal. and tons of reverb naturally.. BIG spacey sound behind it.

it also works really well with a lot of reverb and violin bow where you can use the horn/drum knob to filter out the nasty high frequencies. a space station set to synth pads before it is excellent aswell.

very cool pedal

• Members

Thanks for asking.

My band plays kinda alternative/experimental pop/punk/rock. Most people say we sound like a mid 90s alternative band, whatever that means. I like to think we're a bit more upto date than that.

I'm gonna use it after my fuzz/OD/comp and before my chorus and tremolo and delay. I think it should work there ok. I won't be using it with the chorus and probably not with the tremolo. I will be with the delay and fuzz/od/comp.

I'm really just looking for cool leslie sims...I'm going completely on the soundclips from Line 6's site, which sounded excellent. Not really for fast SRV type leslie tones, more for ambient, spacey sounds and to add depth to clean passages...but who knows. It just sounded too cool on the site to pass up!

Have you got one?

• Members

it sounds like you've got it in the right place.. theonly thing i'd say is that it will transform your sound into an new sculpted rotating speaker with all its eq and filtering.. this might be annoying if using lots of fuzz and wanting to still hear your original guitar signal.. might even be worth throwing the pedal pre-gain possibly.

if you want it to blow your signal up into a swirling mass though, its got it in spades! :)

i use the 145 mode, blend usually at 10 oclockish (unless going for sub bass sounds, then put it at 0) and either really slow or about 11/12 oclock on the fast speed knob setting.

ramping up and down is really cool aswell.. i think it's the only line 6 tonecore pedal i've liked so far. delay, reverb, flanger were all horrible.. chorus was alright.. the rotomachine owns.

• Members

i think it's the only line 6 tonecore pedal i've liked so far. delay, reverb, flanger were all horrible.. chorus was alright.. the rotomachine owns.

:eek:

I almost had a panic attack when I shipped my Verbzilla out. I dont see how anyone could NOT like that pedal. I loved it, but I didnt need all the bells and whistles.

I JUST SCORED A ROTO TOO!! :D :D I also based it on the sites clips. Hopefully I dig it. Im psyched.

• Members

You guys just wasted cash on that pedal. It sucks tone, and very digital sounding and it doesn't have true bypass, that pedal suck!

;)

Just kidding. :)

It might not be a H&K Rotosphere, but an awesome "bang for the buck leslie" pedal!

I got one, but I have to take it off my board because I got a good deal on a Rotosphere again and I just can't pass it up!

board.jpg

gear.jpg

• Members

I'll be totally honest here, it sounds best when it's on its own. I loved it more going into a solid state amp at home than I ever did on my board, in the fx loop or anywhere like that. It all depends on your setup though. It doesn't add to your guitar sound at all, it transforms it, which is why it's best to keep things clean i spose. It {censored}s on the GT-8 rotary sound.

• Members

It just arrived. How's that for punctuality, 10am...City Sprint have out done themselves! Means I can go out today too. I forgot what tanks these things are. It weighs a ton! The fake wood panel backplate is cool as hell too. :D

Shame I don't have any gear here to fire it up with. Can't wait for practise tonight.

• Members

just to add to that, if you get the chorus or comp from sound control and then buy a module from hotroxuk, you can 'build' the pedal you want for cheaper than you can get it anywhere else.

Just to add to the adding, get the chorus because the dock is stereo.

• Members

just to add to that, if you get the chorus or comp from sound control and then buy a module from hotroxuk, you can 'build' the pedal you want for cheaper than you can get it anywhere else.

i did that (with ebay) buying a chorus and flanger and then keeping the stereo dock and buying the echopark module, then used the flanger with dock and chrous module to sell/trade on.

it was a bit of effort, but it saved me

• Members

Just got back from band practice. It sounds superb but seems to have a fair bit of volume drop?
:(

Anyone else experienced that?

i can't say i remember it dropping as such.. just transforming.. ou can use the drive knob to push the volume up. even above the bypassed signal if i remember right.

sorry to ask, but are you using the mono in and mono out jacks?

• Members

Just got back from band practice. It sounds superb but seems to have a fair bit of volume drop?
:(

Anyone else experienced that?

Yes...I did...

Also just didn't care for what it did to my tone bypassed...

Might be good for recording...but didn't care for it live...

too pedal sounding...

ymmv.

• Members

Yeah, not having an actual volume control on the pedal kinda sucks, but you must admit, for the money, it's worth getting.

Yeah, I did experience a bit of volume drop on mine too. Try to experiment with the settings. Maybe, you'll find something that boosts.

Ilike My Line 6 Roto Machine it is sexy to me. Sounds pretty good too.:wave:

Archived