Neil Diamond Appreciation Thread!

fuzzface71

• Members

Well, I just really got into ND a few weeks ago. This man can really write and sing some cool songs. I guess, some might find him cheesey, but now I understand why Jack Black's trying to educate kids about Neil Diamond.

He's one cool MotherF$%#er!

258981.jpg

Listen to this album and you'll understand!

hot_august_night.jpg

:thu::cool:

• Members

Yeah, I'm down with Neil too.

When I first moved to Melbourne a new radio station was testing its transmission and its test signal for 2 weeks was 2 Neil Diamond songs followed by a Dean Martin song, and that repeated around the clock. It was magnificent to turn on the radio and have a reliable Neil tune on the air. It really boostd my appreciation and reminded me that I'm turning into my Dad.

• Members
Yeah, I'm down with Neil too.

When I first moved to Melbourne a new radio station was testing its transmission and its test signal for 2 weeks was 2 Neil Diamond songs followed by a Dean Martin song, and that repeated around the clock. It was magnificent to turn on the radio and have a reliable Neil tune on the air. It really boostd my appreciation and reminded me that I'm turning into my Dad.

Hilarious. :lol:

• Members

I've been diggin' Neil since I was a wee lad. My mom would play his 8-tracks while doing housework. She turned me on to a lot of good music. I returned the favor later by turning her on to Prince.

She also used to play Tom Jones too. It wasn't until recently that I developed an appreciation for him, though. I was finally able to look past his playboy image and discover that he's got a helluva voice.

It really bothers me that goobers on the Line 6 forum give Hadley Hockensmith such a hard time for being Neil's guitarist. I guess they don't realize what it takes to get a gig like that.

• Members

Hot August Night was a soundtrack to my childhood-

Same here. Of all the artists my parents listened to when I was growing up, Neil's the only one who's stuck with me.

Last year, I went and saw him in concert, and then saw Super Diamond (great tribute rock band with lead singer "Surreal Neil") a week later.

The crowd at the real Neil show may have been a bit more sedentary, but Neil was great. And he still did the weird "Comin' at yeah-hah!" when he was going into the chorus of "Holly Holy."

• Members

Glad that I'm not alone.

Ditto on the "I'm turning into my dad" thing. I guess we have cool dads.
;)

I don't know about cool :D. My dad didn't have a large record collection (or many good records amongst them) but he did have a {censored}load of Neil Diamond and not nearly enough Neil Young for my liking (apart from Harvest).

Archived