Rehousing a Ibanez DE-7 delay?

agentcooper2001

• Members

Ibanez Tone-lok series pedals have lots of circuit boards, not a single one. Generally they have one for the main effect, one for the input buffer (attached to the input jack) one for the output jack, and one for the controls. They are interconnected by detachable wires. In theory, if you modified the input and output section to remove the buffer from the jack, you could rehouse the effect in a standard enclosure, but it would be a tight fit. You might have problems changing from the standard tone-lok pot setup to using "normal" pots, too.

• Members

Ibanez Tone-lok series pedals have lots of circuit boards, not a single one. Generally they have one for the main effect, one for the input buffer (attached to the input jack) one for the output jack, and one for the controls. They are interconnected by detachable wires. In theory, if you modified the input and output section to remove the buffer from the jack, you could rehouse the effect in a standard enclosure, but it would be a tight fit. You might have problems changing from the standard tone-lok pot setup to using "normal" pots, too.

Are the pots different? I always figured they just had spring loaded, locking knobs. The pots could be normal.

I've never cracked one open, so I don't know...I just always assumed the mechanism was in the knobs, rather than the pots.

Archived