Volume Balancing

HMKRich

• Members

I divide my time between an MIA standard strat (quiet), an MIA deluxe tele (not quiet), and a LP classic (loud). I run all my pots wide open, like you're supposed to.

I was using a FatBoost with the Strat, bringing it up to the volume of the Tele. But now that I've got three main guitars every set, the FatBoost won't work. I need an ABC/Y box with three switches rather than one, so that I can switch from A to C without having to cycle through B. I also need volume controls for each input, or at least 2 of the 3. But will the guitars sound right if I run an extra pot between them and the amp? Does a product like this exsist?

• Members

I have / had a similar problem to, my two main guitars are a Les Paul Classic (very loud output) and a Highway 1 Tele.

My solution was to set up my rig for my hihest o/p guitar (Les Paul Classic) and when I play my Tele I turn down the tone about 1/5 - 1/4 turn, it takes the edge of the high end treble and I run a booster first in my chain (well its actually a T-Rex compnova compresor set to min compression and the volume control becomes my boost) and subtly adjust it up a notch to bring the level up.
I find adjucting levels at rehersals / gigs quite easy too, any boost pedal should do the job.

• Members

I divide my time between an MIA standard strat (quiet), an MIA deluxe tele (not quiet), and a LP classic (loud). I run all my pots wide open, like you're supposed to.

I was using a FatBoost with the Strat, bringing it up to the volume of the Tele. But now that I've got three main guitars every set, the FatBoost won't work. I need an ABC/Y box with three switches rather than one, so that I can switch from A to C without having to cycle through B. I also need volume controls for each input, or at least 2 of the 3. But will the guitars sound right if I run an extra pot between them and the amp? Does a product like this exsist?

90% of what you say makes no sense.

3 main guitars every set ? you only play one set then ? or do you carry around 9 guiatrs? retarded....

it sounds like you need to adjust your volume levels. learn about line unity.

"like you re supposed to?" thats is stupid.

all kinds of products exist

even ones that solve made up problems..

Archived