I don't want my distortion pedal anymore

adamthemute

• Members

I'm looking to trade my Subdecay Blackstar for something similar. It sucks that I can't try any of these boutique pedals out, I just gotta go by reviews. So I guess I just wanna see what else is out there, since I can always go back to a Blackstar.

I was looking at these pedals before I bought the Blackstar:

- Catalinbread SCOD

- Tech 21 SansAmp

- MI Audio Crunch Box

- MI Audio Tube Zone

- Maxon ROD881

- Something from Skreddy (which one?)

Anyways, what would you recommend in the $100-200 price range? The kind of music I play is in my sig.

:thu:

• Members
The Black Lodge
would be a cool name for a distortion pedal
:idea:

I've been wanting to try out the EHX Graphic Fuzz, English Muff'n, or the Hot Tubes. Have you tried any of those?

oh yes, wouldn't it just!!!

'Black Lodge' fuzz with reverse delay. :thu:

I tried a English Muffin' into a JCM2000 and it sounded just the same as turning the JCM's gain up!! :confused:

I guess if you ran it into something else it might make it sound like a JCM, but as I was actually running it into a JCM it didn't seem to do much!!!

did that makes any sense?? :idk:

• Members
I tried a English Muffin' into a JCM2000 and it sounded just the same as turning the JCM's gain up!!
:confused:

I guess if you ran it into something else it might make it sound like a JCM, but as I was actually running it into a JCM it didn't seem to do much!!!

did that makes any sense??
:idk:

Wasn't that the point of the English Muff'n? to sound like a Marshall? Seems to be a lot them selling used on eBay these days. If there weren't so many other pedals I wanted, I would pick one up.

Archived