OT: Whos grinding my gears here? USPS or Dealer?

Supreme Pancake

• Members

Timeline.

August 21st: Pedal ordered and shipped from East Coast USA to Sydney, Australia. Get Email confirming the order/payment/shipping and tracking number.

August 30th: Check tracking number on USPS site, when entered I get:

"Your item was accepted at 4:40 PM on November 25, 2005 in WHITTIER, CA 90605."

September 1st: Email dealer to make sure I got the right tracking number.

September 6th: Dealer emails back saying the number is correct and that the number was probably used in 2005 and the site just hasn't updated.

September 9th: Email USPS support asking if this number is correct and if the site just hasn't updated. I tell them where the package is being sent and where it should be going.

September 11th: USPS support emails back saying

"The latest scan information regarding this item is Your item was accepted on November 25, 2005 in WHITTIER, CA 90605. No further information is available for this item."

September 12th: I check USPS tracker again just for fun and get

Your item was accepted at 4:32 PM on September 11, 2007 in East Coast USA(don't want to give the location of dealer.). Information, if available, is updated every evening.

September 13th: Same message and location on USPS tracker.

At this point I have no idea what is going on. :\nI've dealt with this dealer for a couple of years and I've never had a problem with them. I've had nothing but good things to say about them since I've dealt with them actually. It usually only takes about 2 weeks for something to get sent here(From: USA To: Australia). :cry: The {censored}test part is that I'm moving at the end of the week.

Has anyone else experienced something similar like this before? Did it have a happy ending?

• Members

For what it's worth the USPS "recycles" their tracking/customs form numbers. As a dealer/seller I've ran into this a few times. That's the downside to the USPS - they're tracking is TERRIBLE and communicating with them is at best really slow and at worst impossible. If you've dealt with the dealer already and haven't had problems I'd be willing to bet a lot that it's the USPS's issue, not the dealers.

I wish you the best!

• Members

USPS really doesn't offer 'tracking'. It will usually say "accepted at so-and-so" until they actually attempt a delivery and then it will sometimes be updated.

It's really just there so that a seller knows for a fact that his package was delivered. It doesn't let you monitor the progress of your package in my experience.

Archived