Intentionally scratchy/crackly wah

KennethNishimot

• Members

Alright, I'm going to buy the cheapest, crappiest wah I can find (I'm thinking about one of those stupid 20$ Rogue wah/volume pedals) and I want to crack it open and make it good and scratchy and rubbish sounding.

What would you suggest for this transformation? I've been thinking about just sandpapering the pots, but I just want to ask HC what they think the best plan of action would be.

:thu::thu::thu::thu:

• Members

Alright, I'm going to buy the cheapest, crappiest wah I can find (I'm thinking about one of those stupid 20$ Rogue wah/volume pedals) and I want to crack it open and make it good and scratchy and rubbish sounding.

What would you suggest for this transformation? I've been thinking about just sandpapering the pots, but I just want to ask HC what they think the best plan of action would be.

:thu:

:eekphil::eekphil::eekphil::eekphil::eekphil:

• Members

Its about the size of a standard Dunlop/Budda. It sat next to my Budda for a bit, and was just about the same size. Try clicking 2 wah pedals on and controlling them with one foot. Very simple, but you get some crazy range.

SRV did that. taped them together so he could use both at once. but not like using them like the wahboots.

• Members

hey guys...I wanna build one of those 'q' pedals, basically i'm gonna rehouse a cheap wah and put knob on the wah pot, it seems like a very simple job, as far as i'm thinking you wouldn't need to do anything apart from move all the bits as long as it had a regular on/off stomp switch. Any reason why this wouldn't be a piece of piss??

• Members
what's the q thing do

and dude, who is it in your avatars? is it your wife?

daughter?
:freak:

you?

well basically, you know when you use a wah, it turns a pot inside? well I'm gonna have that pot in a normal case with a knob on it, so when I stomp on it....it instantly makes the sound of a wah in one position...if you know what I mean??

no it's just some random girl.....mate I ain't married and my daughter is only 7!!!!

I'm just happily living in sin with my partner, 10 years this november...longer than a lot of marrages I know of!!! :)

• Members
well basically, you know when you use a wah, it turns a pot inside? well I'm gonna have that pot in a normal case with a knob on it, so when I stomp on it....it instantly makes the sound of a wah in one position...if you know what I mean??

no it's just some random girl.....mate I ain't married and my daughter is only 7!!!!

I'm just happily living in sin with my partner, 10 years this november...longer than a lot of marrages I know of!!!
:)

hippy love children always turn out the best. lots of love in the family. marriage kinda seems forced, i dont even like the concept of being bound to someone legally like that, it goes against nature.

when you say partner, do you mean a woman or a dude? either's cool, but i rarely hear people call their girlfriend a partner.

but random girl, you seem to have a lot of pics of her. what's her face look like?

but yeah, that's kinda cool, sounds like an EQ though, isn't that basically what it is? i thought wahs just shifted the frequency.

• Members
hippy love children always turn out the best. lots of love in the family. marriage kinda seems forced, i dont even like the concept of being bound to someone legally like that, it goes against nature.

when you say partner, do you mean a woman or a dude? either's cool, but i rarely hear people call their girlfriend a partner.

but random girl, you seem to have a lot of pics of her. what's her face look like?

but yeah, that's kinda cool, sounds like an EQ though, isn't that basically what it is? i thought wahs just shifted the frequency.

Hippy love children!!! LOL!! :lol:

well I wouldn't describe us like that, but I guess the thinking is the same, the same idealology...

no, my partner is a woman and i'm a guy, I just say partner because 'girlfriend' sounds a bit...I dunno just wierd when you are my age. I guess 'partner' makes us sound like a family more than 'girlfriend' ....well I thought so anyway, maybe it just makes me sound gay!!! :lol:

well yeah it is kinda like an eq I guess, but you can't really get that vocal mid thing with a normal eq pedal and I love the sound of a wah in one particular place in the sweep.....so this way you can just stomp on it and get that exact place in the wah's sweep.

Randon girl isn't the same girl all the time, it's lots of random girls!!!

I just have a passion for horizontal stripes on girls legs! :thu:

Archived