Good-morrow friends...here's the latest incarnation of my board

Loobster

• Members

pedalboard.jpg

Apologies for the crappy phone camera pic.

Got the Sparkle Drive back from Voodoo Labs with a properly working switch now. The Roto Machine is new. Next additions will be a Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter trem to replace the Pulsar, which I really don't like much...but it stays out of necessity to allow me to play a part in one of our songs. I'm cool with the CE-5...I don't use chorus that often, so for when I do...its adequate. The Dyna-Comp might also be replaced by a Telenordia Kompressor or Barber Launch Pad, but that's aways off now.

Tell me what you think.

Oh, and just for comedy value...here's my board when I just started visiting this forum:

DSC00230.jpg

• Members

Haha, you started visiting the forum when the new Pulsar was out. This is the worst case of GAS I've ever seen in such a short space of time.

Now about your cables, George L's and Neutriks I take it? Where did you get the neutrick jacks, and what cable did you use?

• Members

Haha, you started visiting the forum when the new Pulsar was out. This is the worst case of GAS I've ever seen in such a short space of time.

Now about your cables, George L's and Neutriks I take it? Where did you get the neutrick jacks, and what cable did you use?

Yup. I've got the Neutriks because I'm too lazy and cheap to do the whole board with George L's. The Neutriks are with Piranha cable. Tbh, I find the George Ls a bit flimsy. I think soldered cables are more reliable.

And yes, my GAS knows no bounds. I'm a total gear whole in the worst way. It's disgraceful!

• Members

Wow. Very nice. I'd really like to add a looper, and a Memory Man, hehe. Where you based in the UK?

I found the Small Clone coloured my tone way too much. It could only do really wet sounding choruses. The sound it did was great but I prefer the versatility and subtlety of the CE-5. I only really have the CE-5 for when I'm on an Andy Summer copying trip.

• Members

The T-Rex Mudhoney is pretty sweet, it's my dirty distortion, sounds great with my Tele and with my Les Paul Classic. With teh LP Classic I can get a great Dave Navarro type distortion
I can get a real nice slightly OD sound to it and full blown fuzz.
It also does low end really well, if I downtune the LP to DGCFAD (and even drop the D to C) it holds up really well.
I AB/D'ed it against a BoR recently, the BoR was superb but I found this was just a better dirt pedal for my needs.

I'm down in Sunny South Devon.

Worth getting a looper, best practice and song writing tool ever, and you can also create amazing (but musically pointless) compositions.

• Members

The T-Rex Mudhoney is pretty sweet, it's my dirty distortion, sounds great with my Tele and with my Les Paul Classic. With teh LP Classic I can get a great Dave Navarro type distortion

I can get a real nice slightly OD sound to it and full blown fuzz.

It also does low end really well, if I downtune the LP to DGCFAD (and even drop the D to C) it holds up really well.

I AB/D'ed it against a BoR recently, the BoR was superb but I found this was just a better dirt pedal for my needs.

I'm down in Sunny South Devon.

Worth getting a looper, best practice and song writing tool ever, and you can also create amazing (but musically pointless) compositions.

Yeah, I'd love a looper. I'd try to incorporate it into my bands set as much as I'd use it for home use. Do you buy your {censored} at Mansons in Exeter? Whats it like in there?

• Members

Yeah, I'd love a looper. I'd try to incorporate it into my bands set as much as I'd use it for home use. Do you buy your {censored} at Mansons in Exeter? Whats it like in there?

I go to Manson's to browse and demo stuff, they have a fantasic range of equipment on display, but way too expensive in their prices IMO.

For instance they have an MXR EVH Phase 90 for

Archived