If you could buy one effect...

KLWASSON

• Members

I just wanted to let everyone know what I decided to do...

I bought a Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9DX. Set it to old school TS9 setting.

Plugged that baby into my Peavey Classic 30 with the "pre" gain about 5, bridge humbucker on my guitar, and the result is damn near orgasmic.

Holy crap what a sound.

Thanks to everyone. I think my next purchase with be Fuzz per your recommendations. And then Analog Delay.

Old School is much much much much better than New School! This is my humble opinion.

• Members
I just wanted to let everyone know what I decided to do...

I bought a Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9DX. Set it to old school TS9 setting.

Plugged that baby into my Peavey Classic 30 with the "pre" gain about 5, bridge humbucker on my guitar, and the result is damn near orgasmic.

Holy crap what a sound.

Thanks to everyone. I think my next purchase with be Fuzz per your recommendations. And then Analog Delay.

Old School is much much much much better than New School! This is my humble opinion.

So, wait... you wanted something to keep you from getting bored and you bought a tubescreamer? :confused:

:(

• Members
For the style of music that you play, I would recommend The Worm. It's analog, it has vibrato, tremelo, phaser, wah, and a manual matrix that acts like a parametric EQ. It would be great for blues. I didn't like at first, but now I absolutely adore it, noise and all:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1068438

470_image_med_Electro-Harmonix-Worm.jpg

great option i guess. especially if you are into modulation.

i'd say dmm. if i remember it correctly, it's got its own crunchy od built in.

• Members
delay is the correct answer. delay = more fun than anythign else.

true and going further i would say if you can only pick one pedal get a delay that has a mod setting so theres a little bit of 2-n-1 action going on when it can be useful.

i hate the threads that make me say goodbye to my fuzzprobe just because i need delay.:cry:

Archived