If you could buy one effect...

KLWASSON

• Members

...what would it be?

I have a Peavey Classic 30. My guitar has two Seymour Duncan humbuckers - Jazz in the neck, JB in the bridge. A 5 position switch gives me various tonal options.

I play clean blues, some SRV style blues, and most importantly rock. Hendrix, Zeppelin, ACDC. I just want to get some new sound because I'm getting a little bored.

What would you buy?

• Members

well you might wanna buy a multi effect pedal, that way you wont get bored, wont spend much and get every {censored}in effect out there, but in a few years, maybe months, hell maybe in a week, you'll see that nothing beats single effect pedals. but if i were you i'd buy a nice multi effect like a boss ME-50, it's got everything and it sounds good, plus you get to experiment with effects and decide if you wanna buy single effects or stay with it :)

that's what i think:rolleyes:

• Members
...what would it be?

I have a Peavey Classic 30. My guitar has two Seymour Duncan humbuckers - Jazz in the neck, JB in the bridge. A 5 position switch gives me various tonal options.

I play clean blues, some SRV style blues, and most importantly rock. Hendrix, Zeppelin, ACDC. I just want to get some new sound because I'm getting a little bored.

What would you buy?

For the style of music that you play, I would recommend The Worm. It's analog, it has vibrato, tremelo, phaser, wah, and a manual matrix that acts like a parametric EQ. It would be great for blues. I didn't like at first, but now I absolutely adore it, noise and all:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1068438

470_image_med_Electro-Harmonix-Worm.jpg

• Members

First of all, I want to thank everyone for responding, because I greatly appreciate it.

I already have multi-effects capability with my cheap $100 Line 6 guitar port through my kick ass computer and sound card and my Yahama studio monitors, which sounds pretty damn good except when I try to play modern heavey metal {censored}, at which point they sound like they might crack in half, but I don't care because I rarely try to play that {censored} anyway.

My whole point when I play through the Peavey Classic 30 is to be "old school." I should have stated that.

So I'm hanging on the ideas of Delay, or Tube Screamer, or Fuzz.

Archived