Welcome Back Danelectro Reel Echo!!

KjStrat62

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I think a lot of people are curious about this pedal, but there isn't a ton out there, especially as far as sound clips are concerned. I have been interested in it for a long time too.

I know Phil has one on his board, and so do a few other people.

ANy chance for soundclips and/or reviews from any reel echo owners out there?

• Members

I've had the DanEcho since it came out and it's never gotten the boot! So I've always been intrigued by the Reel Echo, but I've never tried it and I wouldn't expect to see one in a store these days.

Sound clips, especially vs. a DanEcho would be cool.

• Members

I've had the DanEcho since it came out and it's never gotten the boot! So I've always been intrigued by the Reel Echo, but I've never tried it and I wouldn't expect to see one in a store these days.

Sound clips, especially vs. a DanEcho would be cool.

Same here. I don't keep the Danecho on my board, but I do keep it around. It's the only digital delay I have, actually.

I'm curious about the Reel Echo, too...but I have a DMM on my board, so another huge delay pedal wouldn't really work, for me, anyway.

• Members

I had the reel echo and its a great sounding pedal. Few things that I didn't like were, the switches had a tendency to get stuck, or take a double tap sometimes. Also the size was a pain. And I could not get it to do the space take off self oscillations. I now use a general guitar gadgets digital delay for that sound. The sound on sound is cool to play with when you jam out, or to practice your timing. Other than that its pretty limited. Tap tempo would be a better feature, but I think this is supposed to be based on an echoplex, so they included the sos feature instead. All and all its a great vintage unit, and would be a great on the top of the amp type pedal. Works great in front of an amp as well as in the loop. Plus the wet/dry options can give you a HUGE sound with another amp. Cool pedal for sure. And very much so worth the money. I always wondered if you could put some 3pdt switches in there and make it true bypass?

dk

Archived