Fulltone Clyde wah - "finicky" TB switch?

RockNote

• Members

Looking for a wah that has that "noisy chewing" growl of SRV as found here, I have come to consider the Fulltone Clyde. I am VERY impressed by the sound clip on the Fulltone web site! So, I start reading up on the reviews and a guy (D Labelle) says that his has a little finicky TB swich: "This is where the problems begin. First off, the 2002 clyde wahs use those tiny 6 pin true bypass switchs. I find they are very finicky."

Is that still the case with the current version? Or are there any other reliability issues I should know about? Thanks.

• Members

I have a clyde standard wah that I bought about 10 years back. The thing has excellent tone. Very clear and with a wide sweep. It does make some serious noise at high gain and volume though.

The real problem.......Mike Fuller is the effects world's biggest pompous ass. Be prepared to wait a month for any and all repairs. Expect snide comments from him and his repair staff. You have to hassle those idiots to get them to fix anything.

If you use your wah as much and as aggressively as I do you will probably need it fixed every 3 years or so. I've had mine back twice in 10 years for service. I consider that pretty good. Although, I should've sent it back more often but I just can't stand dealing with those dickheads.

If you want my advice, by a vox and have it modded by someone who actually gives a {censored} about their customers and doesn't have the big ego that Fuller has. The dude sucks. Too bad to cause he makes nice stuff.

Otherwise, by two fulltones so you have a spare when it breaks. Overall I'd say it is one of the best wah's out there.

• Members

If you use your wah as much and as aggressively as I do you will probably need it fixed every 3 years or so. I've had mine back twice in 10 years for service. I consider that pretty good. Although, I should've sent it back more often but I just can't stand dealing with those dickheads.

Thanks a lot for you reply, VonBonfire! I live in Denmark, so sending it back and forth will be so expensive as to be out of the question. What is breaking down in your wah other than obviously the pot? I am not particularly handy, but I am hoping to be able to do all maintenance myself nevertheless.

Archived