tech question about delays

byteblock

• Members

I'm still looking for a delay pedal.

Should I consider the amount of hertz and bitrate that a digital delay pedal has? It would make sense the bigger the number the better sounding the pedal will be. Using what I would think is common sense anyway. Or am I way off?

• Members

well from what I can see what delays such as the DL4 and DD-20 are capable of, I don't need anything that extreme. Looks like you can do everything you would ever think of with delays such as those. I have no need to make wild outerspacey crazy sounds. I just want a delay for the most basic of uses.

I mean granted it is fun to goof around with an effect pedal but I would think even the most basic delay pedal is capable of some goofing around, which is enough for me.

I have a DD-3 which is does not work. I have read a few other posts by people on here claiming the same thing about their dd-3s. Looks like there is a reliability issue with those.

So if bitrate and hertz are not much of a factor, then it looks like an analog delay is the way to go. Price isn't an issue. On my blue collar welder income, I have no other mouths to feed but my own. I just don't wanna pay $300 for something that doesnt live up to even my basic standards. I've tried a couple digital dealys at my local music supply shop such as the DL4. Just way too much stuff on that pedal that I would never use.

I like playing classic rock to speed metal. Maybe analog would be more the way to go. If bitrate doesn't matter much then an analog delay sounds like the reasonable choice.

Archived