I thought the Rat was supposed to rock???

VonBonfire

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mine sounds like a tinny buzzy pile. No fullness to the sound. Not in comparison to a tubescreamer or OCD. Figured I would at least try it. 65 bucks in mint condition was a fair deal I suppose. Not impressed though. I can see how maybe a humbucker might sound better through it.

I test stuff out at the store and it sounds decent. I run it through my rig and it sucks.

• Members

Mine sounds like a tinny buzzy pile. No fullness to the sound. Not in comparison to a tubescreamer or OCD. Figured I would at least try it. 65 bucks in mint condition was a fair deal I suppose. Not impressed though. I can see how maybe a humbucker might sound better through it.

I test stuff out at the store and it sounds decent. I run it through my rig and it sucks.

again, settings might make sense of this. is the pedal's gain up to max? is the level/output above 10oclock?

peavey rage?

• Members

No, not a rage man. Marshall with 6550's. I think the headroom of the amp might be affecting it. It don't cook. It's like it doesn't interface well with it or something. Its like a catalytic converter for your guitar. Suck suck suck your horsepower/tone.

Suck tone? Uh. Then yours is defective. For realsies.

Archived