Cheap Wah?

Kittie Rose

• Members

With effects I've found that somtimes cheaper effects end up offering the sounds and features I need - I've had good luck with a Behringer Digital Reverb, for example, and there are some DanElectro pedals I wouldn't mind having. At the opposite end of the scale I have a Fuzz Factory and Moon Phaser.

Right now, I'm a bit strapped for cash. When I leave college, I'll probably get a good multi effects and a new amp.

But one thing I really need right now is a good Wah. At the moment; I have a Morley Classic Wah which actually does one thing very well: 70s funk on clean tones. But I like really screechy, Wild Wah. I wouldn't mind one that has a bit of an unusual sound.

But over all, I'm looking for a cheap one, as it's only somewhat temporary. I know the market for cheaper pedals has increased a little lately.

The only other pedal I'd need at the mo would be a Flanger, I'd like one of those that does something interesting too, thinking of saving up for a step flanger.

Any ideas?

• Members

I bought one of these for about $40: http://cgi.ebay.com/AKAI-W1-Variwah-Multi-Function-Wah-Pedal-Rare_W0QQitemZ230172528965QQihZ013QQcategoryZ41420QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've compared it against my Crybaby, and I think the Variwah has just as much sweep to it, but a lot more features. The autowah is excellent. I love the ability to control the rate of the autowah with the expression pedal.

• Members
That looks pretty awesome. Shame it's so rare, though. Looks like that one doesn't do shipping to Europe. I'd be happy enough with one with basic crybaby functionality, really, but with some distinguishing feature.

They aren't as rare as that seller wants you to believe. I see them on eBay all the time, and they usually sell for less than $50 ;) It's just a matter of patience and persistance.

• Members

check out snarling dogs wahs. can be found for next to nothing. The whine-o does funk like a champ.

Wow, that is pretty cheap. I know it sounds like a weird complaint, but I don't like the way the green goes with that dark grey though on the ones I saw on eBay. It kinda hurts my eyes. I want a screechy Wah more than a Funk Wah though; I already have a good Funk Wah.

What does the DOD pedal go for? Volume pedal is always a bonus...

• Members

Black Cat moan definitely interests me the most. It's the kind of crazy solo boost thing that I could really do with it, and it's a Crybaby shape so it's portable. Technically, the "moan" is a sort of unique effect, so I can't miss out on it. Not many wahs do that.

Just wondering where might be the best place to buy it from? I'm in Europe.

And g400man, they don't tend to...

Archived