New Jimi Hendrix Signature wah wah analog authentic series

Walters9515

• Members

I tried out the new New Jimi Hendrix Signature wah wah analog authentic series and i thought it sounded the SAME as the older Dunlop jimi hendrix wah wah

Plus the inductor looks the same as the older ones its a BLACK plastic inductor really cheap NOT like the old Jen inductor its a scam i think

What do u guys think??

• Members

It's sad that kids will buy this thinking they can sound like their favorite people. I was talking to some kid who's going to buy all this dimebag signature {censored} and I told him I doubt he'll sound anything like Dime. He kind of ignored me and said, "Yeah, I just really like his tone though."

A kid i know got the hendrix wah, sounded awful.

• Members

i bet the Hendrix wah sounds AMAZING through a marshall plexy and some fuzz action goin. As said before, i bet it sounds like {censored} through a Peavey Rage or whatever. No need to bash Dunlop on this one. It's a fine wah pedal. Everyone knows it wont make you sound like hendrix. It's just a basic wah pedal.

• Members

I tried a buddy's octavio. Wasn't bad. I heard Roger Mayer blasted it pretty hard. I'm not a huge octavio fan, though it's nice to have one around. I had the fuller one but got sick of it so I dumped it.

I give the dunlop hendrix octavio a 9. It sounded much like the fulltone. I'd like to try a mayer unit but can't justify the cost of a pedal I would rarely use.

• Members

Oh, and did they resurected Jimi so he could actually sign and approve his signature wah?

I don't think so.

Uhhh... yeah they did bro. Except this time he signed Janie Hendrix. :rolleyes:

She's one of the main reasons almost all my Hendrix collection was downloaded.;)

With a few part swaps... which are also cheap... any wah can sound great.

I find it a little silly that people search for a "Hendrix wah tone" or that they come out with a Hendrix wah pedal that people think can emulate his tone. Anybody who knows anything the man knows that his wah was tweaked constantly and it's never the same twice. I guess it's for people who are too stupid to realize the difference when they're listening to him.:rolleyes:

Archived