I tried a TC Nova-Verb yesterday..

gambit

• Members

.. not impressed at all. :idk:

there was no lush super-atmospheric long reverbs in it, and i personally don't have a use for the pre-delay knob.

for the money i would have wanted more tonal control and some wilder settings.

i really wasn't impressed with range of sounds possible. where each type of reverb (plate/hall/room etc) is under a seperate category, and before i plugges it in, i thought it might have let you combine several of the reverbs.. which isn't the case, sadly.

i hope the delay is better when i get to try it. (also, what's the hold up for the RE-20.. nowhere has it in stock yet!)

• Members

I love mine. sounds great. and I can get some really nice atmospheric sounds out of it with long hall and spring reverb settings. I use the manual setting for my "normal" playing reverbs and I have the preset on it set to a 100% wet reverb for some strange noises.

sounded more like you wanted a noise maker than high quality reverb. :idk:

what reverbs have you tried that you like better?

• Members

idn_smilie.gif
maybe you just dont know how to use it right, just sayin.

i've had a few reverbs in my time, pedal and rack, so i know what i'm after but just couldn't get any of those sounds out of it..

i think it might be designed more for shorter, more subtle reverbs than i usually go for.

the marshall reflector sounds better though, so at

• Members

I don't understand why people here seem to dislike digital multi-effects processors but take one small part of one and put it into a big box with some blinky lights and suddenly it's the best pedal evar... people are weird like that.

:)

• Members

I don't understand why people here seem to dislike digital multi-effects processors but take one small part of one and put it into a big box with some blinky lights and suddenly it's the best pedal evar... people are weird like that.

because: just like all analog is not the same, all digital is not the same. a cheap digitech/korg/boss/etc multi-fx unit is not going to sound anywhere near high end digital effects like something like tc electronic/lexicon/eventide/etc.

• Members

Verbzilla for long, lush, atmospheric reverbs. Im sure some douche is going to say that its a piece of {censored}, and is going to break in a week, but thats just rubbish. I had mine for about 4 months, stepped on it everyday, nicely, and not so nicely, and it not only worked as new, but looked that way as well.

Archived