Dirt Pedal Help

ec51

• Members

Hello all..

I really know nothing about dirt pedals..whats good or not, nothing...

Any recommendations for a good OD pedal for a nice John Mayer strat sound (similar to the Trio CD). I know it has a lot to do with his strats and pups and his Two Rocks. Currently I am running a Clapton Strat into a SLO-100. I really like my SLOs sound, but its either I am on the OD channel which is too much dirt or the clean channel (which I can click on the crunch and get a nice tone with, but its not footswitchable). So I want to add an OD pedal to click over the clean channel to get that nice in-between sound (that nice slightly overdriven bluesy strat tone) I was thinking either the Keeley TS-9 or the Boss Blues Driver.....? Any recommendations???

• Members

He runs his amps really loud and uses a TS 808 without much gain and tons of volume for leads. It's power tube saturation you're hearing, and I don't think any pedal will cop it exactly.

Both of the pedals you mentioned, however, have excellent sounds for bluesy stuff. I have more experience with the Keeley TS-9, and would be more comfortable recomending it because I know it.

Archived