Help with axess grx4

oddone

• Members

OK heres the story,

recently got an axess grx4 router from a fellow forumite oblivion dc (good transaction there :thu: ) finally got the thing yesterday in the mail (god damn you USPS).

anyways got it hooked up tonight to take program changes on midi channel 1. Now heres the problem. It receives midi messages fine, changes loops fine etc. HOWEVER, what ever is plugged into the loop doesnt do anything at all. ie ive got a tuner in one, the tuner doesnt register anything, a boost pedal in another loop - doesnt do anything either. i unplug the tuner and the signal stops, but when plugged in the tuner and boost pedal dont affect the tone etc. i cant work out what is going on and its driving me crazy :confused:

i still get sound out of the amp etc everything works fine when its plug in, the loops just arent doing anything. theres nothing wrong with the individual units either so its a problem within the router.

help me please.

• Members

okay you need to give details because i can barely make sense of all the rambling... hahaha

First of all, go download the manual from the axess website if you haven't already done so.

The GRX4 can take PC or CC messages but not both simultaneously. You need to tell it to use one or the other. Unplug the power and plug back in while holding down the switch. It will flash 1 to 3 times. That's how you tell it to go PC or CC. You need to do this first. It's in the manual.

Next, what midi foot controller are you using? If you are using PC the preset is saved on the GRX4. If you are using CC, then the presets are saved in the foot controller.

You need to tell the foot controller to transmit PC or CC messages or both and on the same midi channels. CC messages on the GRX4 is on channel 16.

Again i can't help you unless i know what controller you are using.

Once it is programmed correctly, then tapping a switch on the controller will switch the LED on the GRX4 on and off. There are 3 blue LEDs on the GRX4, each corresponding to each of the 4 loops. If the LED is not ON, the loop is NOT active and you will not get any sound through the connected pedals.

Remember that SEND goes to input of the pedal and RETURN goes to the output of the pedal, not the other way around.

Anyway, holler for help.

• Members

ive got it set up for program control changes, im using a boss gt6 to change patches, which runs via midi to my engl preamp then through to the grx4.

ive got the program change thing working fine, ive got it set to receive on midi channel 1. basically the unit functions fine EXCEPT when it comes to using things in the loops, it just seems to bypass them even thought it says the loop is on.

also i pulled it apart and turned the internal buffer OFF and now its working like it should, yes it works now but i shouldnt have to disable a feature to do so so im still stuffed in a sense.

to sum up, the buffer circuit seems to trigger the problem or cause it...

• Members

ive got it set up for program control changes, im using a boss gt6 to change patches, which runs via midi to my engl preamp then through to the grx4.

ive got the program change thing working fine, ive got it set to receive on midi channel 1. basically the unit functions fine EXCEPT when it comes to using things in the loops, it just seems to bypass them even thought it says the loop is on.

also i pulled it apart and turned the internal buffer OFF and now its working like it should, yes it works now but i shouldnt have to disable a feature to do so so im still stuffed in a sense.

to sum up, the buffer circuit seems to trigger the problem or cause it...

which loop are you using? The buffer is located before loop #1. Loop number #4 does not have it's own buffer but is independent from the other loops #1 -#3. If you leave your effects in loop number #4 and it doesn't work, then the buffer is not the problem. Make sure they wiring is correct. I would email Axess just to be sure. He's very responsive.

• Members

Yes i've emailed him a fair bit over the last few hours. mario seems to have no clue as to why it could be doing what its doing other then the fact it may be modded. it certaintly doesnt look it though.

loops 1 and 3 are being used, not 2 and 4.

Archived