Where do you put YOUR tremolo in the line?

claffman

• Members

Pre gain/OD/boost/distortion? Or after? Or just play around. I just got an Empress and it's superb quality. I only had a few minutes of time with it. It's

VERY tweakable. And every twist of the knob or toggle makes a noticeable difference.

It's a nice unit. (Yes, I said unit.) I'm wanting a very on/off choppy RATM like thing. (This one can get there, I just want to know how better to do it.) Thanks peoples. :thu:

• Members

Loop before delay. Everything else in between doesn't have much effect.

I'm glad you chimed in. So you are saying in the effect loop pre delay effects?

I just bought a magic stomp to play with. I have a RV-3 that I'm using in line now. I'm loving the reverbs that the RV-3 is getting. So the loop is a better place for that stuff?

• Members

I'm glad you chimed in. So you are saying in the effect loop pre delay effects?

I just bought a magic stomp to play with. I have a RV-3 that I'm using in line now. I'm loving the reverbs that the RV-3 is getting. So the loop is a better place for that stuff?

I have my trems first in line in the loop right now before flange and chorus. I have had them after those pedals and they were fine. If you have a good trem, as long as its before delay it should sound rockin'

• Members

Ooooh... I haven't tried that yet either:D

BTW, have you tried the new one yet? I'd like to see what an owner of the original Polyphase thinks about the new one.

I'd assume they are pretty different beasts. The new one's key features being start/stop settings, expression pedal mode, and square wave.

• Members

i like my tremolo last actually. although i'm not a big delay freak. i keep my Swamp Thang last in line. i find this way it really sounds like part of my amp. oh yeah and i don't use the effects loop. if i did i would probably put all delay/reverb there, but still tremolo before preamp

• Members

My signal goes like this

guitar
I
Volume
I
OD's
I
Delay - Valvetech 50 watter
I
Chorus
I
Empress Tremolo
I
Hiwatt Custom 100

So it's basically a wet/dry setup coming out of my delay... so one amp is always getting an unmodulated signal (other than some delays). I didn't like it before chorus, because it just really seemed to downplay the effect of the tremolo.

But since one amp is always dry, no matter how much trem I use you can still hear what I'm playing.

• Members

i've experimented alot with trem both before and after delay and there are good things you can do with both configurations. you just have to try it for yourself and see what you can make work for you. a fast trem setting into about 500ms delay with a couple of repeats is pretty nice.

Archived