Weird situation with buyer (postal money order question)

johnrambo

• Members

Last week on the 11th a guy agreed to buy a pedal from me and said he was sending a postal money order out the next day. i haven't received anything from him and he hasn't been active on the tgp forum since the day he sent me the last message saying he'd buy it. i may be jumping the gun but this just seems weird.

also, if i don't hear anything for a while and was to sell this pedal to someone else and the money order eventually showed up could i just cancel it and he could get his money back from the local post office or would i have to cash it and refund him his money?

• Members

Not if he told you "the next day" he would send it. If he can't be contacted and hasn't by your knowledge followed through on HIS agreement, you have no obligation to him whatsoever. Give it another day or two for potential mail stupidity then do as you please. 99.99999999999% of the time the reason the money hasn't shown up is cause they don't have it yet.....:eek:

• Members

I once sent a postal money order as payment for a quad of EL84 tubes, and the seller said he didn't get it. The guy wouldn't accept PayPal originally (Ebay), but agreed to accept PayPal after I told him I did send the money order and was willing to pay again until this was resolved.

As we had agreed, when the money order eventually arrived a month+ later, I was refunded.

The guy said the envelope the money order came in looked like it was stuck in some machine at the post office.

Archived