EMG Booster Pedals

oasisg09

• Members

I recently got a set of EMG SA's on my Fender Strat. I am plenty satisfied with the tone they provide but I would still like to use a booster/overdrive pedal with them. I have tried many different overdrive and booster pedals and all of them have made the guitar actually sound worse. I was just wondering if anyone knew about any booster/overdrive pedals that would work well with the EMG's.

• Members

One more suggest is the Electro Harmonx LPB-1

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Nano-LPB1-Power-Booster-?sku=150092

It's a really simple boost that seems to vibe with EMGS (from my experience) It just pushes that signal through really strong to the amp...adding sustain & just a little noise...but it doesn't seem to change the eq.

One thing I've noticed is that guys who usually have a hard time finding an OD pedal that they like...are usually trying OD pedals with too much Eq. Sometimes...the simpler the better.. Just a simple volume control is all that is needed.

Downside of the LPB is that it is a little tone sucking in bypass. Not bad...but not perfect either.

Archived