looking for some bicycle chain links

SUPER VELCROBOY

• Members

I have a few I could send your way if you want. Keep in mind they don't fit EHX nano and XO sized screws..I asked the guy at the bike store if all links are the same size and he said yes.

...what about motorcycle chain?

• Members

ahh...I guess they guy just thought I was talkng about bike chains. How much bigger are motorcycle links?

I would imagine they are different sizes, from 1000cc sports bikes, to little 50cc things. I wouldn't have thought they used the same size chain.....but I don't know really, maybe ask at a scrap yard or something...

• Members
You can get chain tools at Walmart as well.

A Park tool is '59 Les Paul, the Wallmart tool is a '07 Squire (maybe?), if you want to have loose links for you and all your friends for years to come...buy the Park, breaking chains takes it's toll on the tools pin, and that is replaceable in the Park tool by the way.

• Members

SRAM grip shifters are still popular with the downhill racing crowd

i need to make the transition to downhill. I hate climbing. Especially on my last right on the local singletrack, the leaves covered up the trail so i had to take it real slow, making climbs difficult.

• Members
i need to make the transition to downhill. I hate climbing. Especially on my last right on the local singletrack, the leaves covered up the trail so i had to take it real slow, making climbs difficult.

XC style riding is allot easier on the body and actually is good for you :wave:
(I figured this out while laying on the operating table, counting backwards from 100 as they put me under)

[sorry about the thread hijack SV]

• Members

A Park tool is '59 Les Paul, the Wallmart tool is a '07 Squire
(maybe?)
, if you want to have loose links for you and all your friends for years to come...buy the Park, breaking chains takes it's toll on the tools pin, and that is replaceable in the Park tool by the way.

Sure, the Walmart stuff isn't the highest quality, but knowing that Walmart has them might be useful to someone in a hurry to put together a pedalboard before a gig.

An even cheaper alternative that I've used in a pinch is pipe strap. It works okay but you have to be careful with the sharp edges.

Archived