GY!BE - Lift Your Skinny Fists

OldCrankyDouche

• Members

yanqui is my fav. whenever i listen to that album i just picture seeing them at a concert hall, as if they were a symphony orchestra.

Skinny fists, slow riot, and F#A#...etc, are also great.

Also, check out the latest Do Make Say Think (history in rust). spectacular.

• Members
I agree - for the most part.

There aren't nearly enough At the Drive-In and The Mars Volta fans.
:p

You know, I don;t consider myself a mars volta "fan", but their last 2 albums were awesome. Still some passages that i don't totally feel (like when they play track 4 of amputecture for about 4 minutes more than i think it needs), but overall, great.

• Members

Most of the bands I admire most have half ass stuff. Oceansize, my favorite band of all time... they use a Tuna Melt, Crybaby, DD3, FM4... the most nerdy thing on any of their three guitarist's boards is a DM3... I'd never buy any of those things besides a DM3, but they are still the best sounding band I've ever heard.

• Members
Most of the bands I admire most have half ass stuff. Oceansize, my favorite band of all time... they use a Tuna Melt, Crybaby, DD3, FM4... the most nerdy thing on any of their three guitarist's boards is a DM3... I'd never buy any of those things besides a DM3, but they are still the best sounding band I've ever heard.

Oceansize. :love:

Thanks for all the replies/recommendations.

I let the album put me to sleep, and that was just wonderful.

• Members

Also, check out the latest Do Make Say Think (history in rust). spectacular.

i suppose you are a big fan of constellation. my favourite album of do make say think is 'winter hymn, country hymn, secret hymn'. they are not the most unique sounding band in the world, but the way they arrange their songs.. is just so amazing.

anyway, lift is a great album. possibly their best, in my humble opinion.

Archived