My Gilmourish rig, need some input....

ElectricGod86

• Members

Ok, Ive always been a big Gilmour fan and since Im not in a metal band anymore I want a nice Gilmourish rig for my own satifaction....Now I dont have all of these but Im considering buying the ones I dont have. I want input as to substitutions or total replacements...Im not looking to nail his sound exactly jut ball park most of the tones (my favorite being the Wall era)

Boss GE7

MXR Dynacomp

VooDoo Microvibe

Proco Ratt

Ibanez DE7

MXR Smart Gate

EH Small Stone

And BTW Im totally Familiar with Gilmourish.com

Just want some friendly input....

• Members

What is your budget? If you want to get super close to the Wall tone, get a Skreddy Pink Flesh (
). It nails it.

If you want cheaper, I'd go for a BYOC Large Beaver. It's a fantastic Muff clone.

The NYC or Sovtek Big Muff would probably get you somewhat there too.

no real budget i can spend whatever, any links as to where to purchase the skreddy??

• Members

no real budget i can spend whatever, any links as to where to purchase the skreddy??

I'd sell the rat (and ge7) and get the BYOC Large Beaver. It's (to my ears) spot on. And it's a boutique pedal for $70. The Skreddy is nice, but it ain't 70 bucks. I'd also leave the Dynacomp on all the time.

Do you have a Strat?

• Members

The thing is, with the Pink Flesh you negate the need for the GE7 and Dynacomp, especially on solos. So you could subsidise the Skreddy a bit.

I just recorded a very Gilmourish solo with the PF and Line 6 Liqua-Flange this afternoon and it's very satisfying. Oh, it had some DD20 delay too.

The DE7 is good but a modulation delay (like a DD20 or one of the new delays - TC Nova Delay or Eventide Time Factor) will add even more Gilmourness.

You know that In the Flesh sound? The main riff? Well, this is exactly what the Pink Flesh sounds like.

• Members

Boss GE-7 + Dynacomp + Large Beaver = ~$250

Skreddy Pink Flesh = $195.00

With the Boss, MXR and BYOC you get extra versitility at a higher price. However there are also drawbacks including extra tapdancing at a show and there is a higher likelihood of something going wrong (more cables etc.) The Skreddy means things are simpler and a tad cheaper but also you have a wait time and a lot less versitility.

I think I would go with the Pink Flesh as I like things simpler, stepping on more than 2 pedals for one tone becomes a problem for me. Maybe I'm just clumsy! In my mind the less things to set up, the better. I suppose if you already have some of the pedals then getting a Large Beaver would be a lot cheaper, though.

As with everything, opinions etc are present in the above writings.

• Members

by the sounds of it, the pink flesh sounds like a handy pedal for some gilmour tone.

i would suggest 5 pedals as a starting point for a gilmour rig

boss cs2 and leave it on.
boss ce2. again, leave this on. especially with soloing. and set it subtley.
mxr phase 90/ehx small stone
a warm delay. the de7 is quite good
and a good muff fuzz. pink flesh sounds good.

Archived