Does anyone own both a vibe & leslie sim ?

shaun126

• Members

So I know the original vibe was an attempt at a leslie pedal, that really sorta became its own thing.

I was thinking about picking up a DLS rotosim or a destination rotation. Would it be redundant considering I got a vibe, or are the effects different enough to warrant owning both.

Anyone have one of each types of pedal?

• Members

I have both, and they're definitely different enough for you to want one of each.

Isn't the Destination Rotation kind of pricey, though? If you're gonna use it for recording you could look for a Yamaha or Elka leslie and probably not end up paying that much more.

There's also the Rocky Road, but I'm sure you already know.

• Members

I've got a Rager Mayer Voodoo Vibe, and a Line 6 Roto-Machine. They are VERY different effects. If I hadn't read that the univibe was designed to be a leslie simulator, I certainly wouldn't have guessed it. They are similar effects to an extent, but not the same; not even close.

I love my Voodoo Vibe. It sounds amazing, but it's not a sound I use very often. It is off my board, but I like having it around for when I'm in that mood.

The Rotomachine is okay. I don't think it sounds amazing, and in mono while it captures the leslie vibe (very poor wording on my part there) it does NOT have that magic 3D leslie goodness. OTOH, for gigging it adds an extra dimension while not taking up too much pedal board realestate. Just last week I put it back on my board. It's something I'd only use on a tune or three, but it's small enough to be out of the way and cool enough to get some extra textures into my rhythm parts.

Interesting... The pedal whose sound I love is off my board, and the meh pedal is on. Se la gere!

• Members

I have both, and they're definitely different enough for you to want one of each.

Isn't the Destination Rotation kind of pricey, though? If you're gonna use it for recording you could look for a Yamaha or Elka leslie and probably not end up paying that much more.

There's also the Rocky Road, but I'm sure you already know.

Yeah I just sold the Rocky Road, the footswitches were too small, and I would like to get something stereo.

Im just trying to decide which one I want to upgrade to...

Archived