Small multi fx pedal...

thisgoesto11

• Members

I'm looking to buy a small multi fx pedal to take on the road with me (travelling salesman). I want something that has drum beats. I'm currently looking at the M-Audio black box, the Rocktron Utopia and the RP Series from Digitech (probably the 250). Anything else I should check out? I'd love an Adrenalinn III but $379 is a tad steep. Headphone would be nice, but I currently travel with a lil smokey amplifier so it's not necessary. I also have a pair of powered monitors that I use for work that I could drive.

• Members

I'm looking to buy a small multi fx pedal to take on the road with me (travelling salesman). I want something that has drum beats. I'm currently looking at the M-Audio black box, the Rocktron Utopia and the RP Series from Digitech (probably the 250). Anything else I should check out? I'd love an Adrenalinn III but $379 is a tad steep. Headphone would be nice, but I currently travel with a lil smokey amplifier so it's not necessary. I also have a pair of powered monitors that I use for work that I could drive.

Digitech makes the best sounding small multi-units right now. The Audio DNA2 chip is pretty remarkable.

I just picked up an RP-350 for home and a GSP-1101 rack (it's replacing my Rocktron Xpression rack) for my live rig and both products kick ass. Keep in mind, if you use it with an amp, you'll probably want to turn off the speaker models (and maybe the preamp models) and just use the other effects. The overdrive and fuzz settings are pretty great. I've yet to hear a digital overdrive or fuzz model that sounds better than the models on the new Digitech stuff...I'm a total analog snob when it comes to dirt boxes and I'm actually using some of the models in the RP-350 and the GSP-1101.

The RP-350 was the best $200 I've ever spent. :thu:

Archived