ALTERNATIVE TO IPODS?????????

sdresdre

• Members

What I'd really like to do is treat the iPod like a hard drive and drag and drop stuff onto it like all of the other mp3 players out there. I don't like the way that iTunes manages my music. I'd like to be able to manage it in Windows Explorer/folders and have it show up that way in iTunes. I don't really care about other peoples iPods. Also, I don't like the fact that if I delete something from iTunes, that it doesn't sync up and delete it from my iPod as well.

that is exactly why I'd never have an ipod.

• Members

that is because delete in itunes with the normal delete button only deletes it from the list. You have to do a special delete key combination.

on the mac it's command+delete. Poof gone forever.

Well, on the windows version, delete under edit doesn't have any key combination listed. The others do but not delete.

• Members

What I'd really like to do is treat the iPod like a hard drive and drag and drop stuff onto it like all of the other mp3 players out there. I don't like the way that iTunes manages my music. I'd like to be able to manage it in Windows Explorer/folders and have it show up that way in iTunes. I don't really care about other peoples iPods. Also, I don't like the fact that if I delete something from iTunes, that it doesn't sync up and delete it from my iPod as well.

Uhh, you can. My ipod mounts as a hard drive that I can put stuff on. Just don't mess with the Ipod_control folders, etc.

Also: Floola is an open-source, cross-platform itunes alternative for syncing the ipod. I suggest it if you hate iTunes.

• Members
hey doooods.

i have had two {censored}ing ipods break on me(not to mention going through like 5 batteries
:freak:
). a 3rd gen one and a mini for the GF. what are some(perhaps cheaper) alternatives to the ipod?

:thu:

Jesus...what are you doing with them...playing hockey? :confused:

Between my wife and I we have 6 different models since about 3 or 4 years ago and have never had a problem with any of them...in fact my wife washed my iPod shuffle and it still works to this day. :o

• Members

I'd recommend creative as well. I've had a 30gig one for almost 4 years and still the original battery works.

+1

I have a 30 gig that I bought a couple years ago and it's still going strong. It's been dropped on the pavement a few times, left in my car during 120 degree summers and -30 degree winters...

iRivers are also another good choice. I'm considering going that route once (or if) my Creative Zen finally gives out.

• Members
Jesus...what are you doing with them...playing hockey?
:confused:

Between my wife and I we have 6 different models since about 3 or 4 years ago and have never had a problem with any of them...in fact my wife washed my iPod shuffle and it still works to this day.
:o

congrats! your plaque is in the mail :freak: i really dont think im alone here friend. ipod's are notorious for breaking down :rolleyes:

• Members

ipods seem to be all over the place with everythign from awesome quality to {censored}ty, great service to crap service. Ive owned a few others (cowon, etc), but I think the ipod is great. the interface is easy to use, and if i only does like mp4s, i can use isquint and convert them..ive heard better sound but its not bad, and no with the touch, i can just surf the web..i for one like apple...

Archived