OT: how much would you pay to not have to touch cat shit?

olejason

• Members

What do you fill that box with? Oatmeal?

It uses some kind of special "granule" that you almost never have to change. See, it separates the {censored} from the 'litter' and then it liquefies the {censored} and flushes it down the toilet. I've had it for like 3 months and have never had to add more granules.

Luckily I have two bathrooms so the cat's {censored}box is in a different room than mine.

lol @ the comment about being mr. popular when you have to take a dump. My cats are always strolling up in the bathroom and layin in the floor when I take a dump. I'm all like "WTF!?" and they just look at me.

• Members

The thing contains chemicals, uses water, electricity, and costs $300.

I got a cat door for $15 and my cat uses the great outdoors for all of his entertainment AND {censored}ting needs. I have two cat boxes. He rarely uses them. I cleaned the one upstairs about 4 months ago and it's still empty.

Being able to get outside all the time has its pluses... he's solid muscle and has almost no body fat.

This approach probably wouldn't work for an apartment (although I did it for years using a two-by-four covered with carpet as a ladder down to the apartment's garage roof, where my cat would get to the ground by climbing a tree.)

• Members
It uses some kind of special "granule" that you almost never have to change. See, it separates the {censored} from the 'litter' and then it liquefies the {censored} and flushes it down the toilet. I've had it for like 3 months and have never had to add more granules.

Luckily I have two bathrooms so the cat's {censored}box is in a different room than mine.

lol @ the comment about being mr. popular when you have to take a dump. My cats are always strolling up in the bathroom and layin in the floor when I take a dump. I'm all like "WTF!?" and they just look at me.

The funniest thing is that they just sit there and:confused::freak: like you are doing something completly wrong:freak:

• Members
The thing contains chemicals, uses water, electricity, and costs $300.

I got a cat door for $15 and my cat uses the great outdoors for all of his entertainment AND {censored}ting needs. I have two cat boxes. He rarely uses them. I cleaned the one upstairs about 4 months ago and it's still empty.

In my neighborhood my cat would probably end up on someone's dinner plate if I let it outside :D I actually never had a pet of any kind indoors before I moved into an apartment. I'd much rather them be able to have a choice of living inside or outside.

If I'm not mistaken the chemicals are just a sanitizing solution for the bowl. It has some kind of agitator in there that liquefies the poop. Beats using tons of litter, litter liners, garbage bags, waste receptacles, etc. which is what I was doing before.

• Members
The funniest thing is that they just sit there and:confused:
:freak:
like you are doing something completly wrong:freak:

yeah man it kinda weirds me out. One of my cats will try to lay down in your pants when you pull them down. I'm like "no kitty you're weirding me the {censored} out" but it just lays down anyway.

• Members

My buddy has one of those automatic sifter type cat boxes where the thing sifts the poo out into a bag at the end. Apparently though if you let the bag fill up it doesn't stop trying to push the poo in,it just whines.

We would be sitting in the living room and the cat runs by only to hear rarrrr rarrrrr scraaappppe raaarrreeee rarrreeee scrapppe raaaaarrrrrrr coming from the garage until you unplug the fing thing. Like a little bulldozer pushing against a wall of sh*t endlessly going nowhere. Whine, grind, whine, scrape....Of course if he would just empty the fing bag...:mad:

Archived