Finally finished my pedal board (pics)

johnbegone

• Members

I decided to get a bit more serious about guitars this summer (I play bass mostly) so I went out and got a bunch of used gear, including three guitars and a whole host of pedals). Finally everything came together today so I put it all on the board with velcro and it works great. They're pretty average pedals, I know, but it works great for my budget. Let me know what you think.

myroom.jpg

pedalboard.jpg

Signal chain:

In front of my amp I have Ibanez LU20 (Tuner), EB Volume Jr., Ibanez TS9DX, EHX Little Big Muff, Boss DS-1, DOD FX80B Compressor

In the loop I have a Boss DD-6 Delay, Ibanez GE10 EQ, EHX Small Clone, EHX Small Stone, and a Boss Blues Driver as a boost.

I'm using a PedalSnake cable to run it all and a 1Spot with an extra daisy chain.

• Members
I decided to get a bit more serious about guitars this summer (I play bass mostly) so I went out and got a bunch of used gear, including three guitars and a whole host of pedals). Finally everything came together today so I put it all on the board with velcro and it works great. They're pretty average pedals, I know, but it works great for my budget. Let me know what you think.

myroom.jpg

pedalboard.jpg

Signal chain:

In front of my amp I have Ibanez LU20 (Tuner), EB Volume Jr., Ibanez TS9DX, EHX Little Big Muff, Boss DS-1, DOD FX80B Compressor

In the loop I have a Boss DD-6 Delay, Ibanez GE7 EQ, EHX Small Clone, EHX Small Stone, and a Boss Blues Driver as a boost.

I'm using a PedalSnake cable to run it all and a 1Spot with an extra daisy chain.

Looks like you've got got most of your bases covered. For a few bucks more, get your BD-2 and DS-1 modded and maybe pick up a better comp and you've got a good inexpensive rig that will cover a lot of ground stylistically. :thu:

• Members

Yeah I know it will change :)

And I've been looking at modding a bunch of those pedals, so definitely going to do that once I get some more money.

And I never thought I wanted a compressor, but that DOD came cheap and has good reviews, so I figured I'd try one out and upgrade later if I decided a compressor is useful for me. The only thing I use it for so far is with my Samick Telecaster when I change over to the lipstick pickups there is a big gain drop, so I've got the compressor set up to get it close to same volume level, plus I mostly do that to get clean tones, so it helps with finger picking and stuff.

• Members
I haven't used that particular compressor before but if you are using it for what you said you may find it works better earlier in the chain.

Good idea. I'm still experimenting with the signal chain stuff. I haven't really found a spot that I particularly like or dislike the compressor. I had it in the effects loop before, seemed to work well there. I just had extra room on my bottom row of effects, so I put the compressor on the end. I'll try it earlier.

Thanks "pedalboard" for the compliment :)

• Members

The Small Stone is good stuff. I actually need to replace the switch in it, because it current sometimes drops the volume alllll the way down to nothing, and you have to step on it a couple times to get it going. I got it on ebay like that, but the guy refunded me a good portion of my money so I can fix it myself.

But when it works, I hear a slight volume drop, but it's really not too bad. It's my first phaser pedal, but I enjoy it quite a bit.

EDIT: I just realized that I have three ibanez pedals, three boss pedals, and three EHX pedals. Then a DOD and Ernie Ball just for fun ;)

In case anyone was wondering, the case is a TMCases pedalboard. Has lift out storage underneath if I wanted, but I'm keeping the board inside the case for now. Althought TMCases is out of business, but if they weren't I would highly recommend their boards

• Members

One fun thing to do with the DD-6 is to put it into reverse, crank the feedback, delay time, and effect volume all the way up, put delay time all the way up. Hit a bend high up on the b-string, kill the volume from your guitar and start to slowly decrease the delay time. It'll give it this really slow swoop up. One of my favorite ways to make noise... :)

Archived