RX Experience demo vid

wacopacco

• Members

Wow that's just awsome!!!!

Would you say it cuts better than Huckleberry? Seems like tone control is a bit more useful. Sounds great on all three modes.

Who's got the in stock and what's it based on?

I remember seeing a schematic of Foxx Tone MAchine+swell circuit that was supposed to be exactly what Experience is. Silicon based IIRC? Seems to clean up a bit too...Now, just gotta find extra 300$ somewhere :eek::thu:

• Members

Wow that's just awsome!!!!

Would you say it cuts better than Huckleberry? Seems like tone control is a bit more useful. Sounds great on all three modes.

Who's got the in stock and what's it based on?

I remember seeing a schematic of Foxx Tone MAchine+swell circuit that was supposed to be exactly what Experience is. Silicon based IIRC? Seems to clean up a bit too...Now, just gotta find extra 300$ somewhere
:eek::thu:

hey thanks!

yea i'd say it 'cuts' better than the Huck, but it's really a different kind of fuzz. The Huck clears up as soon as you back the volume down. With the Exp, you are at full volume, then you back down to 7 and it's muffly, then down to 5 and it cuts through again, then below that it's pretty clean. So theres a wide range on the fuzz mode.

I'd say it's in the same family as a Tonemachine. I've had a London Fuzz and the Huck, both of which are Fuzz Faces, and this has little in common with them. Yes it's silicon.

The octave is nasty and my playing was crappy during that part. I still dont quite get the hang of playing with octave, since i'm trying to shy away from doing the typical Hendrixy blues riffs on it. I bought it for some massive sludgy noise, which it does in spades.

And the swell mode is great. I love the way it decays and fades into the notes.

I bought it from musictoyz for $250.

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/pres.php

• Members

Thanks. Well, I love how Huck cleans up with P90s, quite a bit more range than single coils(wall of fuzz to GREAT OD to sparkly slightly gritty cleans) which behave just like you said. Sometimes it's a bit too fat, guess due to Muff tonestack. I really liked the tone control on Experience. The clean up seems to have interesting behaviour.

Looks like a pedal that deserves all the praise, hype or whatever.

RX Overdriver is another I'd like to lay hands on.

Oh, yeah..did you get to choose beetween LED/non-LED version?

Archived