Video of my/Angelhair0 band's new drummer inside!

NITEFLY182

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We started half tech today and hes so fast in the intro that it can barely be played... which is awesome. If you watch the video without sound it actually looks fast forwarded.

Wait.. how in the world is he doing the first measure of the song if he's not doing the crazy ambidextrious thing Willie did?

• Members

Wait.. how in the world is he doing the first measure of the song if he's not doing the crazy ambidextrious thing Willie did?

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

He is using doubles between china hits and syncopated bass like the intro to Sugar Coated Sour. Its slightly different but it has the same feel. It also sounds about 10x more tech than the older way which was a little loose now that I think about it.

• Members

Used to live 5 minutes away from me. Could still..maybe he moved out.

If he does live in perry hall that's quite a drive to practice!

It takes me a good hour and 15 to make it there but I had to drive to the city before too. Its not all that much farther but I hate paying the toll.

• Members

gravity blast ftw. It seems like there are a lot of younger drummers really focusing on that style now, which is awesome.

No gravity, just straight down blasting most of the time. Although gravity seems to mean something different to everyone. Most people I know think of it as the single hand roll. Is that what youre talking about?

Archived