Modding a 535Q

rossowj

• Members

I have a Crybaby 535Q and I love it. The only problem is that the pedal is extremely bassy in the bass position, the bite is really good up top but then it drops so low in the bass position. Is there a simple mod that can help me change that?

any recommendations would be good here. The rest of my gear is in my sig.

• Members

A quick and simple solution would be to loosen the treadle and adjust the pot to the desired sweep where it doesn't get too bassy in the heel position. Hope that makes sense.

hmm, it kindof made sense. Im a noob when it comes to these kinds of things. Is there a guide anywhere?

• Members

Take the bottom plate off the pedal, and lay it belly up in front of you (keep the battery end closest to you). Loosen the screw that holds down the white plastic thingy that pushes the toothed bar into the pot axle, and turn it sideways. Release the toothed bar, and turn the pot axle forwards (away from you). Only move it one or two notches, otherwise the pot might bottom out when you turn the pedal on/off. Put the toothed bar back where it was, and the plastic thingy too. Tighten the screw, and you're done.

/Andreas

Archived