tried out the smm w/h today

bluehuricane

• Members

wasn't all that impressed, granted, i didn't have a whole lot of time with it, and it has a lot of controls, but whatever. i couldn't tell a whole lot of difference between the modes, the multitap wasn't what i expected, and the most annoying of all, is the looping. how do you delete what you loop? and can you not record another track on top of what you looped? i'm sure i would like it if i had like 4 hours and a manual, but i had 15 minutes (at best) and my intuition (not the greatest)

• Members

^actually the best part that i could see, some people were talking about something with holding down a button and it playing what you played in reverse, i couldn't figure that out (need a manual) but the standard reverse sounded pretty cool to me, especially with the mix down so it's just a subtle nuance when picking open chords. i quite liked that

• Members

The looping, though not intuitive in the plug-and-play fashion, is super easy to use. Three steps:

1. Turn pedal on.

2. Push left button and hold to begin recording

3. Release when done recording (playback begins instantly)

Overdubs are done by repeating steps 2 and 3. To delete the loop, put the pedal in bypass and press and hold the record button for 2 secs or more. You can't undo an overdub... kind of a bummer, but this thing isn't a dedicated looper - just an awesome delay.

After you get a good loop recorded, its fun to sit back and mess with the controls a bit...

• Members

i dunno... i'm hoping my shop gets a nova delay in, i think that's more of what i want, looping's cool but i don't think i'd use it a whole lot... i kinda wanna make a super mega rig or something with a smmw/h > nova delay > nova reverb and have the smm control the nova (nova's noise sensitive thing)...but i know that'd cost me way more than i have

• Members

i just thought of something, do the multitap delays only work in stereo?

By multi-tap they really mean that it is a delay that has a decay control instead of a feedback control, you control the exact number of repeats, and how fast it decays or fades in. Or you could have it be equal volume on every repeat.

The multi-tap modes are cool on the SMMH, but it isn't exactly the kind of multi-tap you'd expect. The pedal shines more with the echo modes and the looping.

Archived