Custom Skreddy pedal...

• Members

I had posted this in a previous thread after receiving a request from another forumite for a pic. It's a custom Skreddy Pink Flesh pedal.

100_7414_1_1.jpg

I came up with the idea when I stopped by Marc's place and he turned me on to the Pink Flesh pedal he was working on.

Basically it's a Pink Flesh pedal but instead of a little Flat Mids/Boosted Mids mini toggle switch, I had him replace it with a foot switch and add a parallel volume knob (it's parallel in the circuit to the main volume control) so that when I kicked it into Mid Boost mode, I could use the parallel volume control get some more volume out of it along with the mid boost for leads...and it cuts through a mix like you wouldn't believe.

It's pretty much the perfect footswitchable rhythm/lead fuzz. Truly great!

Much thanks to Marc for turning the concept into a reality! :thu:

• Members

If he made these in series, i'd love to own one!

But with a pretty design
:p

Are you referring to the volume control? It works best in parallel...it {censored}s with the tone less.

There's just enough mid bump to cut through without sounding insanely different than the flat mids...and with the ability to bump up the volume a few notches, it really cuts through nicely.

Honestly, it exceeded my expectations quite a bit. It works like a charm. :)

• Members

Cool looking pedal. I wonder if it's the same boost as a DA MOAF V2. If it does you're in for one hell of a ride.

:thu:

No...it doesn't have anything the Skreddy Pink Flesh doesn't already have except for a footswitch that toggles between flat mids and boosted mids instead of the usual mini toggle switch and a parallel volume knob that's engaged when the mid boost is engaged so I can turn it up a bit more when in mid boost mode...it's not an active boost. It sounds better that way in my honest opinion. :)

• Members

No...it doesn't have anything the Skreddy Pink Flesh doesn't already have except for a footswitch that toggles between flat mids and boosted mids instead of the usual mini toggle switch and a parallel volume knob that's engaged when the mid boost is engaged so I can turn it up a bit more when in mid boost mode...it's not an active boost. It sounds better that way in my honest opinion.
:)

It's almost unnerving to stomp the "boost" switch, and, instead of hearing an extra gain stage, you get just a louder, more cutting, almost cleaner version of the same signal. Very counter-intuitive.

• Members

It's almost unnerving to stomp the "boost" switch, and, instead of hearing an extra gain stage, you get just a louder, more cutting, almost
cleaner
version of the same signal. Very counter-intuitive.

I just remember flipping the mid boost toggle on the Pink Flesh for the first time after playing some power chords in the flat mids mode and thinking, "Jesus...that's like the perfect lead tone...and without having to tweak the sustain or tone knobs...now if I could just foot switch that and make it a little louder, it would be perfect!"...and it was. :D

Thanks so much for making it happen. It just works so perfectly for my needs...and it sounds great with these bad boys (they just arrived last week after a 9 month wait)...

100_7385_1.jpg

• Members

Are you referring to the volume control? It works best in parallel...it {censored}s with the tone less.

There's just enough mid bump to cut through without sounding insanely different than the flat mids...and with the ability to bump up the volume a few notches, it really cuts through nicely.

Honestly, it exceeded my expectations quite a bit. It works like a charm.
:)

No, was referring to the finish and lack of skreddy-like artwork ;)

Archived