FV-500H/Volume pedal Help!

DanJep

• Members

I want to get the BOSS volume because I like the construction better than the ernie balls. Can I use this particular pedal after dirt? I know there is a lot of talk about being able to use it before and after. Can someone also explain to me why this is? What should I be looking for in values and why?

• Members

Can I use this particular pedal after dirt? I know there is a lot of talk about being able to use it before and after. Can someone also explain to me why this is?

Volume Pedal -> dirt = turning down the volume pedal will clean up your dirt pedal, just like rolling back the volume on your guitar.

Dirt -> Volume pedal = amount of dirt stays the same...the volume pedal adjusts the volume only.

• Members

Volume Pedal -> dirt = turning down the volume pedal will clean up your dirt pedal, just like rolling back the volume on your guitar.

Dirt -> Volume pedal = amount of dirt stays the same...the volume pedal adjusts the volume only.

I realize this, where my confusion is coming from is the ernie ball volume pedals.

Example:

Vp JR. 250k for use with passive electronics vs. VP Jr. 25k for use with active electronics

What does the different ohm resistance do? Is ernie ball the only company that has their pedals set up this way?

Archived