any other UK people hate GAK mail order? I need an amp FFS!!!

melx

• Members

I'm trying to buy a laney VC30 112 but they keep giving me the old 'we've been let down by our suppliers' all the time. I wouldn't have even bothered ordering it if I'd known it wasn't in stock...why can't the put 'out of stock' on the website? :mad:

anyway i cancelled the order this morning!

don't suppose anyone has one they want to sell me?

or a nice 30-50w 1x12 valve amp of some other description...maybe?

i'm not loaded so it would have to be around the same price as the laney tops.

• Members
Sorry, can't help you out with an amp for sale but I do hate GAK too.

OK, maybe hate is a strong word, but I have certainly had similar experiences with GAK which left me thinking that I would be less inclined to order from them again.

yeah, I don't think I'll bother again, not a good first experience with them for me. :cry:

• Members
GAK aren't the best or the worst.

sure...I just wish they were honest and emailed me when I ordered it and said "we don't have these in stock and we have no idea when we will have them, but it won't be within a couple of weeks"

I missed a really nice jtm60 on ebay because I was expecting the amp to be shipped this week....:mad:

• Members
sure...I just wish they were honest and emailed me when I ordered it and said "we don't have these in stock and we have no idea when we will have them, but it won't be within a couple of weeks"

I missed a really nice jtm60 on ebay because I was expecting the amp to be shipped this week....
:mad:

yeah same story, only with the holy stain!

only today the tracking update was slightly different, apparently theyre on theyre way to them, then they can ship them.

i dont mind waiting, but they could have been straight with me, its been at least 6 weeks since i ordered it! (i knew they werent out then, but ordered it anyways)

i was also going to order a vc30 from them, and at that price, it is tempting, but im not so sure now.

• Members

Have you seen that comedy video on their website about how easy it is to order from GAK ? {censored}in' hilarious.

Gak have there faults, but let's be honest they have some of the lowest prices in the UK and a LOT of variety of equipment, including a reasonable amount of 'Boutique' pedals.

Archived