Thinking about selling some stuff**not spam**

starsailor803

• Members

Ok, I'm scratching my head thinking of the quickest way to liquidate some assets so I can get some quick spare cash to put towards a Skreddy Pink Flesh. So, I figure I can part with my Russian Big Muff, DE7, DS-1, and a small Gator pedalboard(w/power supply).

If I list it on ebay should I sell it individually or try to sell it as a bundle? I'm kinda new at selling stuff on ebay so I don't know if people would bite if I try to sell it all together. Could make for a nice starter kit for a beginner though. What do you guys think? And should I set a reserve or BIN price? If so what would be fair?

• Members

as a once in a while buyer, depending on what youre selling i would put the BIN at a price that is a little favorable to you but still pretty fair, and put the starting bid maybe at 75% of that. and sell em all separate. something pretty well known with lots of demand, you might want to start at 99 cents--its kind of a gamble though. no reserve, because it scares me away.

• Members

I'm not confident enough to start the bidding at $0.99. I agree with the reserve. So that's out. I did a quick check on ebay and it seems that de7's are starting at around $30 and BMP are around the same. The gator I could probably start at around $40 or so. The ds-1, eh, maybe start at 99 cents. It's not in the best shape cosmetically.

If I do lump them all together how does $75 starting bid and $125 BIN sound? I could live with that.

• Members

I regret it already. The de7 is what I will have the hardest time parting with. I love that pedal. I wanted to keep it for a small board setup but my gas for the Pink Flesh is overwhelming at the moment. But, at least I can always buy another later when $$ isn't so tight.

As for the BM, I wouldn't really have a need for it anymore with the PF except for, once again, a small board. I hate the thought of selling more gear(which I've been doing a lot of lately). Damn my infernal impatience!!:mad::cry:

• Members

:idea::thu::love:

Thanks for talking some sense into me. I would really regret selling it. Ok, the de7 stays, everthing else goes. Got to think about something else I can sell.

Yeah...DE7's are just too good to get rid of. They don't suck tone at all, do a great echo, a great delay, and AMAZING oscillation.

And, for the pitiful prices of used ones, they REALLY aren't worth selling.

• Members

Hey Starsailor- just picked up a DMM and it sounds incredible. Just wondering how the DE7 sounds in comparison (aside from delay times, modulation, etc.)- different enough to warrant having one along w/ a DMM or too redundant?

I had to send my DMM to Howard Davis to have repaired/modded just a few days after I got it. It should be back by Monday. So unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to do much of a comparison. But, I can say that the DE7 is the best middle of the road delay between digital and analog. I have a DD-20 also and apart from all the extra features that the Boss offers the DE7 is better soundwise. The attack is more prominent with the DE7.

The DMM is much more wet sounding than the Ibanez and the Boss. I think it will be my ambient delay. I think the DE7's best application is the dotted 8th note setting. It beats all, imo. I definately think the DMM and DE7 are a great match. They each have their individual strengths which I think justifies owning both. I just ran out of room on my board.

• Members
I had to send my DMM to Howard Davis to have repaired/modded just a few days after I got it. It should be back by Monday. So unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to do much of a comparison. But, I can say that the DE7 is the best middle of the road delay between digital and analog. I have a DD-20 also and apart from all the extra features that the Boss offers the DE7 is better soundwise. The attack is more prominent with the DE7.

The DMM is much more wet sounding than the Ibanez and the Boss. I think it will be my ambient delay. I think the DE7's best application is the dotted 8th note setting. It beats all, imo. I definately think the DMM and DE7 are a great match. They each have their individual strengths which I think justifies owning both. I just ran out of room on my board.

Nice- thanks for the rundown. I'm a dotted 8th note junkie, so it's good to hear I have reason to justify the purchase :D I have a Dano PB&J which also does a very nice analog sim. on the cheap- along w/ my old DD-2 and incoming Echo Park, I fear I may becoming a bit of a delay whore :o

Archived