Dark intstrumental music. I need some.

NovaGnome

• Members

dark instrumental /=/ godspeed. at all.

sunn O))) is the easiest one off the top of my head. I could dig some stuff up if i looked into it some more. i think boards of canada sounds dark sometimes, but mostly because it makes me feel like i'm in a scary movie.

They do to me. sunn O))) is garbage.

Thanks for the suggestions. Just got off work. Ill check it all out.

• Members

Pelican bores the hell out of me, go with the band that they want to be: Buried At Sea.

Also try Russian Circles, Neurosis, Isis and Jesu. Sunn 0))) is terrible, complete hipster trash.

Also, no mention of the greatest dark instrumentalist ever (or one of them, anyway), Ennio Morricone!?!?

Awesome stuff there.

• Members

Also, no mention of the greatest dark instrumentalist ever (or one of them, anyway), Ennio Morricone!?!?

Awesome stuff there.

Hellsyeah Ennio Morricone is the man!!!

speaking of Italian Horror music, and instrumentals, check out "GOBLIN" if you havent. Really awesome (earlier stuff is better) instrumental horror music/italian prog mixed in one. Their greatest hits is really good, as is the Suspiria Soundtrack.

• Members

Hellsyeah Ennio Morricone is the man!!!

speaking of Italian Horror music, and instrumentals, check out "GOBLIN" if you havent. Really awesome (earlier stuff is better) instrumental horror music/italian prog mixed in one. Their greatest hits is really good, as is the Suspiria Soundtrack.

Excellent recommendation, I got that soundtrack recently. I also really like the Neurosis/Jarboe album, good stuff.

• Members
Sunn 0))) is terrible, complete hipster trash.

your pompousness is overshadowed by your poor taste.:)
(also, i realize-thats your opinion and thank godd-you are entitled to it)
for me-i think SUNN has the most dazzling concept and sound i ever heard.
i'm talking the live shows-not the records or mp3s where you dont get the impact.
s

• Members

If you get public radio where you live, try to find an NPR show that airs every weeknight around midnight called "Echoes". They play mainly ambient, minimalist, and other dark instrumental music on the program. I discovered Robert Rich, and Philip Glass by listening to that program. You can check out "Echoes" on www.echoes.org

Archived