Tape-like delay

super988man

• Members

I've been using my Echo Park as my main delay since I got it, and I love it, but I find myself using the tape mode really often. It sounds a little too compressed high in the mix, but slapping in the background it just sounds incredible, and the little tape skipping is fun too.

I really love the sound of tape delays like the Echo Park but I definitely can't afford one and I wouldn't want something that huge; what's the best tape delay sim?

I've heard bad things about the Boss RE-20 and really good things about the MXR analog in that it really sounds tape-ish; don't have any sounds to go off of though. I also heard DanElectro makes one?

• Members

What bad things have you heard about the boss? I've had one for a few weeks and I'm really quite impressed!

I also have a Akai Headrush and I quite like the Tape Delay setting on that, although I would say that the RE-20 is probably better.

• Members

I quite like the Dod fx96 too:) It was really cheap and sounds good to me. I found it was much better in front of the amp than in the FX loop of the amp though.

I'm sure there must be better boutiquey ones (expensive) out there but you can't really go far wrong for about 30 notes second hand.

Archived