a lot of stuff going on in my head...

bluehuricane

• Members

one of my best friends got his girlfriend of less than a month pregnant... they're both 16, neither of their families has any wealth to support it with, or know yet, and they want to keep it. the most effed up part though, is that she lied to him and said that she was on the pill...she wasn't. now his life is screwed. i want to help him out, maybe get him some money... i'm thinking i'll have my band play a benefit concert "for unwed mothers" (don't to embarrass him) and just give him all the money... i feel so bummed...

• Members

one of my best friends got his girlfriend of less than a month pregnant... they're both 16, neither of their families has any wealth to support it with, or know yet, and they want to keep it. the most effed up part though, is that she lied to him and said that she was on the pill...she wasn't. now his life is screwed. i want to help him out, maybe get him some money... i'm thinking i'll have my band play a benefit concert "for unwed mothers" (don't to embarrass him) and just give him all the money... i feel so bummed...

That happened to my friend but he is 18. The mother of the girls mum is manic depressive and has become quite crazy since the baby came around. There isn;t much you can do but be a good friend and still go visit him,which is what i do. The Concert Idea Is great! you would have no idea how much the famalies will appreciate that!

• Members

i really want to help him out, my other friend put the money for the abortion in his hand and he wouldn't take it.

footnote: i'm not pro abortion or anything like that, but given the circumstance, i'd throw my morals aside...two 16 year olds are screwed for an indefinite amount of time.... it's insane.

• Members

i really want to help him out, my other friend put the money for the abortion in his hand and he wouldn't take it.

footnote: i'm not pro abortion or anything like that, but given the circumstance, i'd throw my morals aside...two 16 year olds are screwed for an indefinite amount of time.... it's insane.

It's easier to say someone should abort unless it's your own child I'm sure. The guilt of denying your child's request for life might just outweigh living for someone else.

• Members

So you're saying abortion is alright in this case for your friends, but you're against it otherwise? That's very hypocritical. It's situations like the one your friend and his gf are in that make me pro-CHOICE (nobody's pro abortion).

• Members

So you're saying abortion is alright in this case for
your
friends, but you're against it otherwise? That's very hypocritical. It's situations like the one your friend and his gf are in that make me pro-CHOICE (nobody's pro
abortion
).

I think he came here for advice on how to help his friend, not to try to spark a philosophical debate. Give him a break, his head must be spinning from what's happening to his friend.

The concert sounds like a great idea. If your friend doesn't want to get an abortion, maybe adoption could be a happy medium.

• Members

I think he came here for advice on how to help his friend, not to try to spark a philosophical debate. Give him a break, his head must be spinning from what's happening to his friend.

The concert sounds like a great idea. If your friend doesn't want to get an abortion, maybe adoption could be a happy medium.

+1

He already said he's contradicting himself.

As far as the parents regretting the abortion thing, I have a friend who should have an older brother/sister and the parents were still very bothered about it. Abortion is one of those things where there is no right answer.

• Members

Lots of good families out there would love to have a kid that they can't have themselves.

I was going to mention this. I belive there are people on waiting lists to adopt kids. As long as you go up for adoption young there are plenty of people that want to adopt.

• Members

:blah:so...em...um...:idea:how bout that roland space echo, eh?:blah::blah::idea:how bout modded ds-1's?:blah:

all you can do, is help your friend out. throw the concert. let him make his own decision. and support him,in which ever he chooses. thats a friend.

• Members
+1

He already said he's contradicting himself.

As far as the parents regretting the abortion thing, I have a friend who should have an older brother/sister and the parents were still very bothered about it. Abortion is one of those things where there is no right answer.

Which brings us to our next point kiddies. Keep your dick in your pants. :thu:

• Members

You're right, I apologize. Best thing to do in the situation is for both of them to talk to people they trust and respect, be that family, friends, teachers, whatever. Hope everything works out alright.

Archived