Boss PSM-5

SammyHawk

• Members

I would recommend you steer clear of this pedal. I had one a few years ago that I bought used. I used it's loop function for a month or so, but it was very noisy. I kept it on my board as a multiple power supply for another 10 months (approx) until I got fed up with the noise it was still generating even though it was not in the signal path. I'm a fan of Boss gear as well, but this pedal is a disappointment.

• Members

What are these generally worth in a fairly good condition?

I'm thinking about buying one for the FX loop the have, and just to say I have one really. Probably a silly reason to buy one, but I'm abit of a Boss enthusiast so.

Thanks

i would say about $40

i had one for a while and thought it was fine, nothing special but not bad either. i never noticed any added noise when i had it, ymmv.

• Members

I would recommend you steer clear of this pedal. I had one a few years ago that I bought used. I used it's loop function for a month or so, but it was very noisy. I kept it on my board as a multiple power supply for another 10 months (approx) until I got fed up with the noise it was still generating even though it was not in the signal path. I'm a fan of Boss gear as well, but this pedal is a disappointment.

Ill bet my life savings that you had too much power running through it. IIRC, it only can handle 200mA.

• Members

Hey SDSMusic,

Not only was it a noisy power supply if you run it with the correct Boss adapator, it was also a tone sucker too. I was glad I traded mine off for something else. It's a poorly designed loop pedal/power supply.

Guitar George

Archived