Anyone Here Listen To Music That DOESN'T Involve Guitar?

NetStar

• Members

Anyone else listen to music with no guitar in it?

Tons - when back in uni, I was a classcal guit/CS major insterested primarilly in baroque stuff, while there was a baroque guitar, it was somewhat different and vast parts of my performance rep (of baroque music) for guitar was transcription (not written for guitar)

I dig ICM, early estern music, etc where guitar really isn't a player

My current favourite is 8Bit / chiptune music.

This track in

check out http://8bitpeoples.com/

Mesu Kasumai's "my Fiero" is a collection of cool covers (authorized? dunno)

sadly, legal-torrents.com seems to have gone away, which is where I found out about those guys

• Members

ive seen octopus project twice and they have 2 guitarists. they all switch off on drums/bass/guitar. you cant really here the guitar on the albums, theres not really much there, but live they just have drum loops and samples running and they jam live guitars over it. so its basically like they're rocking out over their own cd. but yeah, octopus project, great band, but they use guitars. and BOTH KID A and AMNESIAC have guitars, on every track i believe. dont quote me on that, but i know for sure that Treefingers off of KID A was done with nothing but a guitar.;)

• Members

Does no guitars include bass?

Death From Above 1979(bass), Depeche Mode, Air, Wu-Tang Clan, The Get Hustle, Black Dice, Hot Chip, Les Georges Leningrad, Aphex Twin, Defacto, DJ Shadow, Blockhead, A Hawk And A Hacksaw, Her Space Holiday, Kid 606, Lightning Bolt(bass), OM(bass), RJD2, Tricky, Apes(does a baritone count?)

Archived