Help me choose between Three Monsters!!

MrChrisos

• Members

I play through a clean 60s Pro Reverb, sweet tone, but all drive must be provided by pedals. I'm currently using a Bad Monkey, but for the quality and flexibility I'm looking for, I need better. After MUCH research I've accepted the fact I'm going to spend a couple of hundred quid, the final three are as follows:

The Mesa V Twin - http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Mesa_Boogie/V_Twin_Tube_Preamp_Pedal-1.html

BK Butler's made to order Tube Driver - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TUBE-DRIVER-NEW-Original-Production-from-BK-Butler_W0QQitemZ280161617474QQihZ018QQcategoryZ7266QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

The Lovetone Cheese Source - This is the big all rounder, for the others I might get a Big Muff.

Each one is a lot of money for me, and I can't try any before buying. I want to colour my sound with a bit of drive-richness, but also open myself up to high quality solo-possibilities.

• Members

Hey thanks, I don't know the Banzai Fireball III, will check it out!

My roots are in Blues & Rock (zepplin/floy/Pete Green), I like the look of the Tube Driver's bias knob, and I've heard great things about the mesa, I really want that natural overdriven sound. The Lovetone is valve free, but I think it could do more and I've heard great things about the quality.

• Members

The Fireball is great for rock

I have the Banzai Fireball I, for many years now, well built, easy to dial in, versatile, the Fireball III has much more to offer

it is a pedal that is very similar to the Fulltone Fulldrive, but has a bit more of everything, gain, compression, boost

the Mesa I tried sounded kind of harsh, didn't have much different sounds in it at all, a kind of letdown

same thing I had with the B.K. Butler Tube Driver I once tried, but it was an old one, very noisy

the Lovetone is a bit overpriced IMO, and I have a Meatball and actually am not really too excited about the build quality of my Meatball, the controls feel lifeless, plastic jacks, inside it looks cheap

Archived