Class action suit against Behringer

mookieunit

• Members

Please join me! No, it's not for cloning. I could care less. It's for making us GAS for months now and still no sign of the new pedals. Yeah, there are a few out there but surely not enough.

Where are the nice Line6 copies they promised?

Where are all the others they've been teasing us with?? :mad:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NO gas here for anything that Behringer has ever made. Why gas for a cheaply made inferior copy of other pedals wehen there are so many great pedal manufacturers making new and exicting things.

.....because some of them are actually pretty decent and they're more affordable to some people who don't have the cash for the real ones. Kinda like anything else out there in the market.

• Members

NO gas here for anything that Behringer has ever made. Why gas for a cheaply made inferior copy of other pedals wehen there are so many great pedal manufacturers making new and exicting things.

cos theyre cheap?

• Members

I can totally see the utilitarian value of Beringer and other like cheap pedals, especially for the kids out there (been there), but I'd personally rather not buy cheap stuff made by slave labor.

I'd rather my save my money up and buy booteek hand-made in the USA, UK, NZ, Oz, etc.

• Members

I'm in...lets sue their asses off for making great stuff cheap !!! My VD-1 has booted my Big Muff off my board... no {censored}...it just sounded better...

And don't we forget that in the end, it's all about sound, not brand names...

I can't wait to try their analog delays...

• Members

None here, either. But I think people GAS because they are cheap and clone every Boss pedal ever made, which is exciting. They can get a Slow Gear or DC-2 for like 30 bucks. That's exciting. But what they don't know is that they are all pieces of {censored}.

• Members

I'll judge every pedal on its merits. If we sued people for being unoriginal bastards who rip off other people's designs, Quentin Tarantino would have been locked up years ago. All of Hollywood would be gone. 50% of current mainstream music would be gone. I wouldn't own severeal Japanese copies of Fender and Gibson instruments.

I'm not a Behringer hater. I've got the FCB1010 for MIDI duties and it's reliable and hasn't broken down in the tow years I've had it. it's a godo piece of kit for the money. The V-Amp 2 I had however was {censored}ing vile in every single way with guitars. Synths on the other hand.. wow. Lovely. Some of the Behringer stuff is good, some of it's {censored}.

One day, I hope Uli Behringer goes made and creates a Behringer Echoplex. Mmmmm :D

• Members
Please join me! No, it's not for cloning. I could care less. It's for making us GAS for months now and still no sign of the new pedals. Yeah, there are a few out there but surely not enough.

Where are the nice Line6 copies they promised?

Where are all the others they've been teasing us with??
:mad:

I'm with you. I want that Echo Park clone! :mad:

• Members

I can totally see the utilitarian value of Beringer and other like cheap pedals, especially for the kids out there (been there), but I'd personally rather not buy cheap stuff made by slave labor.

I'd rather my save my money up and buy booteek hand-made in the USA, UK, NZ, Oz, etc.

They are not made by slave labor. Their factories are actually kinda cool. It's definitely mass-produced, which is different than, say, z.vex handmade effects or whatever, but it's not that bad... Pretty much like every other large-scale electronics manufacturer

• Members
I'm with you. I want that Echo Park clone!
:mad:

I am so after the PS-5 clone to see if it sounds better than my XP-100 whammy... The memory man sounds good also.

Basically, all their pedals that I want are pedals that I'd have to pay between $150 and $200 for if I got the "original"... As a college student with little disposable income, I really could care less about them stealing ideas from other companies...

Archived