By the way... I tried a Holy Stain today.

angelhair0

• Members

OH MY GOD

Amazing pedal.

Makes the RV-5 multiplied by the Holy Grail sound like ass.

The Holy Stain is awesome. And believe it or not, the pitch shifting, tremelo, fuzz and drive built into the pedal ALL SOUND AWESOME. Not what I expected. Fuzz in a reverb multi-effect pedal? I was beyond skeptical. But it sounds INCREDIBLE!!! It is my next purchase after I get rid of my RV5 and Holy Grail. GET ONE TODAY.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amazing pedal.

The Holy Stain is awesome. And believe it or not, the pitch shifting, tremelo, fuzz and drive built into the pedal ALL SOUND AWESOME. Not what I expected. Fuzz in a reverb multi-effect pedal? I was beyond skeptical. But it sounds INCREDIBLE!!! It is my next purchase after I get rid of my RV5 and Holy Grail. GET ONE TODAY.

does the fuzz come after the reverb or before?

• Members

did u try it loud? or just at bedroom levels? wondering if it pierces the ear u know...... :poke:

Amazing pedal.

• Members

I tried one yesterday for about a half hour. For the price, its awesome. It would be nicer if the distortion had a footswitch and a gain control.

The reverbs sounded nice and big. The pitch shift tracked decently, and had an almost vibrato/tremolo sound to it, like a "wiggle" in the note. I had someone turn the shift up and down when I played, and it sounded good. Tremolo was mediocre, not any better than a Tuna melt.

• Members
Thats not hype at all.

It's not hype if

1) I heard and read NO reviews on this pedal
2) Had no idea what it had on it other than reverb before hand, just saw the box sitting their on their counter
3) Played it MYSELF
4) Played it for 20 minutes, fairly loud

I tried a pedal and I love it... hype has nothing to do with it. I'm going to kick you in the balls next practice for that. You of all people should know I don't follow in hype's footsteps! Or else I wouldn't have taken your advice to get a {censored}in' ML2! :D

P.S. Ass!

• Members

how does that review compare to your own opinions on it? i found that by just googling holy stain

It is very very similar. The one thing I disagree with is the fact that I can definitely hear more of a difference between hall and room than this guy did.

He is right about wishing the pitch shift had a higher range, but seriously, for the price and quality, I don't give a {censored}. Especially since I have a whammy and a PS-3 already.

It's pretty similar, yes. Frighteningly.

• Members

So EHX's reverb algorithms are getting better?

Yea, surprisingly. I love the HG for what it is... very warm and vintage sounding. This pedal lets you get that, and much more. I love how this reverb can get bright. I don't use bright reverb much at all, but it does get brighter than the HG if you want it to, which is great because I love options.

• Members

It looks pretty cool but I'm turned off by its size compared to other digital reverb pedals and difficulty to use to its full potential live. I don't see myself using anything but the reverb so it would be kind of pointless. Love to try one though.

• Members
It looks pretty cool but I'm turned off by its size compared to other digital reverb pedals and difficulty to use to its full potential live. I don't see myself using anything but the reverb so it would be kind of pointless. Love to try one though.

The size you should be thankful for. They could have put it in a large EHX enclosure like the HOG or DMM. I'm surprised they didn't. It's definitely the perfect size so that knobs and footswitches don't get confusing or difficult to use. The issue with it's potential live is definitely understandable, but to me it's extremely reasonable considering the price and sound quality. Plus, I turn knobs with my toes on the fly all the time anyway :)

Archived