building your own FX/DIY

WoodsIDIB

• Members

Ive made some attempt at pedal building.

easiest things are

www.buildyourownclone.com (has kits of some of the effects staples)

www.olcircuts.com (kits of DIY builders pedals)

Helpful links:

www.geofx.com (Run by Jack Oman I believe, has lots of Articles on bypass and effect theory)

www.diystompboxes.com (great forum and database for builders)

www.experimentalistsanonymous.com (forum run by electrical genius Colin, who designed the Parallel Universe and other things, great site for strange unknown pedals, DIY synths, circut bending tips, Modular Synths. Also has an ENORMOUS database of schematics.)

As far of where to start, one of the simplest useful projects is a Passive Feedback loop, which just needs two switches and four jacks. A Fuzz Face is also popular as it needs minimal components.

If you ever need Inspiration check

www.beavisaudioresearch.com

for some amazing homemade boxes and creations.

• Members

+1 on everything above. I started by modding pedals I had: wah, TS9. Then I got a BYOC Big Muff kit - which I added a couple mods to from the BYOC forums. Then the Monte Allums GE-7 mod kit. Then I made a 4-button footswitch for my MESA Tremoverb (thanks to Voodoomanswitches.com - he personally helped me do it! Good guy!).

I'm waiting on a coupld BYOC PCBs (wah and TS808). I sourced my own parts so I'm all set to do those. Eventually, I'll make my own pedal(s).

So research; read, read, read, and do a kit or two. And have fun!

• Members
yea
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php
is ok and has lots of info but some members there really do suck cock. they drive away members and put out bad vibes in that place these days, i use a new forum better than that joint nowdays anyways.

if you can get past the wankers its ok i spose,used to be teh best!

:wave:

you don't put out bad vibes? :confused:
I guess it's just the way you talk.

• Members
you have no idea wtf you are on about ,you cant because you havent been told or around long enough so i'd STFU n00b if i was you!

:poke:

calm down muscle man, or take a valium, or better yet 1000 mg of morphine. You just come off as someone who just speaks whatever comes out of your head without thinking it through. Sort of like an self-entitled uncontrollable child that is all. :wave:

• Members

Established forum (7000 members) with some arseholes shocker. There are plenty more on here...

If you respect the board owners opinion, don't talk {censored}e, use their search function :D and ignore some of the petty arguments on diystompboxes you really will get an awful lot out of it. I think it's a very good forum, and have yet to find a better one for what it is. All forums have some problems.

Also, for the op, general guitar gadgets http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/ is a great place for kits/pcbs, and tonepad http://www.tonepad.com/ for pcbs is good as well. Every one of my pedals is DIY

Archived